PGT: 9/19 - Team Europe vs. Czech Republic - Team Europe 3 Czech Republic 2 F OT

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
By the looks of it, both of the all star team will go to semifinal, we maybe even will get a true all star final

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Gimmick Teams: 3 wins 0 losses.

I think it makes the tournament more legitimate than if they had sucked.

That I do not understand at all? It is more of a travisty the more successfull the all star teams are, imagine a none national team win a so call international tournament. It would give the tournament more legitimate if they would lose everything, so they are not in the way for the real teams and can be more easily forgotten.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Slovakia had to play Worlds in C and B category with players like Stastny, Hossa, Gaborik, Bondra, Demitra, Chara and Palffy on their prime ... Also played semi-final and lost one-goal game against Canada in Vancouver.It's not Nagano but I'd say it was pretty good result and more recent.

You're hanging your hat on a FOURTH place finish? Wow, congratulations. In a sport where there are 6-8 teams on a similar level, that's not much of an accomplishment. And didn't Slovakia lose to the Czechs in that tournament too?

Also, Husak was still in power when Stastny was in his prime. :laugh:

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
My favourite:
is the toronto and clgary Media guys on sports net saying he might turn into a top 25 player.

the game is in unit:
Even:
PvP
2nd line
3rd line
4th line

Draisatl Pvp center last year.
#20 Fwd 2.20 EVP/60

Kypreos and Hrudey are so knowledgable.

Last edited:

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
That I do not understand at all? It is more of a travisty the more successfull the all star teams are, imagine a none national team win a so call international tournament. It would give the tournament more legitimate if they would lose everything, so they are not in the way for the real teams and can be more easily forgotten.

Both team Euro and Team NA are more international than the rest of the participants!

klikkar

Apr 30, 2009
Brno
Can someone expain to me Sustr on PP? 80 percent of his shots end up hitting first guy infront of him.

And wtf was Jandac thinking shuffling the lines right before the game? (the last practice was still with lines from previous games)

OH well, it's nice seeing some decent hockey this early, gimmick tournament or not.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Why Team Europe cant select the best Czech Players in the next round. Makes no sense.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Can they get Finns / Swedes or Russians too depending who doesn't make it ? :sarcasm:

No. What a stupid idea. If the Finns or Swedes are out they join Team Scandinavia.
Russia will be Team Asia.;):laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad