PGT: 9/19 - Team Europe vs. Czech Republic - Team Europe 3 Czech Republic 2 F OT

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

YPcD4ig.jpg

Last edited:

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
was waiting for Kempny to show up on the ice to f.... something up.
my sense was right.. I believe he's the worst defender in the tournament.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It's astonishing how the Czech Republic has fallen in nearly 20 years- from Olympic gold to this.

ComradeChris

May 15, 2010
Mrazek's a bum. Detroit should trade him while he still has value and then keep that drunk Howard until his contract is gone. Successful rebuilding 101

kary

May 12, 2016
was waiting for Kempny to show up on the ice to f.... something up.
my sense was right.. I believe he's the worst defender in the tournament.

Indeed, he did more harm than good the whole tournament (including the exibition games).

PuLaAho

Apr 9, 2016
Why on earth didn't Czechs pull out their goalie on overtime? It would have been 4 on 3 for 5 mins.

Did they really think that they could beat Team Europe in goal difference in case of draw, especially after 0-6 loss to Canada?

Or am I missing something here?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
If USA wins against Canada (has to be in regulation), they need to win big (or destroy the Czech's in the final game).

Canada is +6
Europe is +4
USA is -3

if the US wins both their games in regulation, wouldn't that be the tie-breaker?

Canada 2-1
USA 2-1
Europe 2-1
Czech Rep. 0-3

US own tie breaker over Europe

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Why on earth didn't Czechs pull out their goalie on overtime? It would have been 4 on 3 for 5 mins.

Did they really think that they could beat Team Europe in goal difference in case of draw, especially after 0-6 loss to Canada?

Tie Between Two Teams
If two teams are tied in points, the tie is broken by the result of the head-to-head game between the two tied teams.
Because it wouldn't matter assuming the Czechs beat the US (which they had to) and Europe lost to Canada.

KurtSloan

Apr 10, 2014
Czech Republic
The good and most important thing is that I won't have to watch ice hockey at 2 a.m. on the Friday:)....for me WC is over, looking forward for the World Championship..

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
If USA wins against Canada (has to be in regulation), they need to win big (or destroy the Czech's in the final game).

Canada is +6
Europe is +4
USA is -3

Their game with the Czechs should not really count, if there is a three-way-tie with EU and Canada, right? Shouldn't the tie-breaker be based on the games of those three teams? So unless EU is completely blown by Canada in the last game, the US would need a big win tomorrow.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
If the US somehow beats Canada in regulation, all they have to do is beat the Czech Republic in regulation and they're in the semis cause regulation/OT wins are the first tiebreaker

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Canada is +6
Europe is +4
USA is -3

don't have to win big. In a 3 way tie ROW is the first tiebreaker, followed by regulation wins. If USA beats Canada and the Czechs in regulation then they're through with 4 points, 2 ROW, 2 regulation wins.

Either Canada would have less than 4 points(if Europe beats Canada), or Canada/USA would have a tie at 4 points for 2nd with Europe at 5 and USA advances on h2h(if Canada wins in OT or SO) or it's a 3 way tie at 4 points(Canada win in regulation) and USA and CAN advance on tiebreakers with 2 ROW and 2 regulation wins while Europe would only have 1 regulation win.

With this game going to OT, I don't believe there can be a 3 way tie on points, ROW and regulation wins anymore in this group and thus goal differential will now be irrelevant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad