Prospect Info: 8th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
In an interview with Powers, Snuggerud said he studies Duncan Keith all the time. Has an app that breaks down the game into just all Keith's shifts and he watches regularly.

Great idea. I know he has a lot of talent (particularly his wheels), but defense hasn't been his strong suit.

But studying Duncs on a consistent basis should help on the defensive end.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Great idea. I know he has a lot of talent (particularly his wheels), but defense hasn't been his strong suit.

That's exactly what brought up Keith is when Powers asked how his defensive game has been developing. Snuggerud made mention as to how he has a similar style/frame as Keith and that Keith has a terrific stick and just always seems to be in the right position and that's something he's trying hard to emulate in his own game.

Also said he's been working on getting his shots threw traffic - so i guess he's not going full keith :laugh:

mikee

Jul 6, 2016

To be fair, Keith wasn't exactly a defensive stalwart at Snuggerud's age either.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Bondra with 3 points tonight.

I think between Bondra, Hayden, knott (still looks to be drafted to high) We might have a few bigger PF that could fill out the bottom 6.

I was always high on Luc he really needs to hit because the rest of the draft was terrible. Icapploe and Beau starret as 3rd round picks was awful.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I think between Bondra, Hayden, knott (still looks to be drafted to high) We might have a few bigger PF that could fill out the bottom 6.

I was always high on Luc he really needs to hit because the rest of the draft was terrible. Icapploe and Beau starret as 3rd round picks was awful.

Two questionable picks don't make an entire draft terrible, especially when one of the players from said draft is contributing big at the NHL level already. Three of the others are doing very well in college in Snuggerud, Olofsson, and Sikura. I know Iacopelli is putting up numbers but I don't think much of him at all at the NHL level. Starrett was a bit of a reach but has had a decent sophomore year at Cornell.

You're very likely to have three players from that draft be NHL regulars (Schmaltz, Snuggerud, Olofsson), and that's not accounting for what Sikura could potentially be. Jury is still out, but that's hardly a terrible draft as it stands today.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
DeBrincat does it. ..barely...Ties Mike Ricci with goal in 19th straight game in OHL history...Will try to break record next game.He left it late..with 26 seconds left in the game..They kept him out for a long last shift so he could have a chance at an en goal
.London was down 3-1 but pulled their goalie anyway. .once they did that Erie kept him out on shift for whole 2 minutes before he scored..so a tied record ..yes but with asdists from London who game him an en chance and by his team Erie which tried setting him up if they got them puck. .but in the end he got it himself with unassisted en goal from long distance just over his blue line ..

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Bondra with 13pts in his last 6 games. Still has a period left tonight. Another multi-point night for Rado.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
HAYDEN and LOUIS also end season and their Senior years as both Yale and Miami each eliminated from ECAC and NCHC Tournaments ..both did score a goal in their final college game .

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Western Michigan win to tie series 1-1...forcing Game 3 tomorrow for the right to advance in the NCHC Tournament ...so still a chance for Iacopelli for WMU and for Snuggerud and Olofsson to play on...though WMU even if they lose should advance die to pairwise ranking going in.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Joni Tuulola now at +18 with 1 Game Remaining in the Liiga regular season that he will play on March 13th.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yup. I'd imagine we'll see him in a Hawks sweater by the end of next week. Excited to see what some more youth looks like.

But fon't these guys need to finish last semester at school to get their degree if they are Seniors that close to finishing up the coursework?Are there not exams and written assignments to turn in before Scholls is out and tgey can graduate? WHEN ate the exam periods at Yale and Miami of Ohio for Hayden and Louis ? So while I can understand signing ELC ,this does not mean you necessarily see them at Rockford or playing in the show next week ...Maybe they need another 4-5 weeks to finish school?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
But fon't these guys need to finish last semester at school to get their degree if they are Seniors that close to finishing up the coursework?Are there not exams and written assignments to turn in before Scholls is out and tgey can graduate? WHEN ate the exam periods at Yale and Miami of Ohio for Hayden and Louis ? So while I can understand signing ELC ,this does not mean you necessarily see them at Rockford or playing in the show next week ...Maybe they need another 4-5 weeks to finish school?

A lot of these guys already have things like this worked out with the university and can finish school online. Something similar happened with Parayko. They talked about him doing school work on the road all the time.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
A lot of these guys already have things like this worked out with the university and can finish school online. Something similar happened with Parayko. They talked about him doing school work on the road all the time.

This. Universities are all very well versed in their athletes leaving just before grad for professional sports and have programs prearranged for them to finish, be it online and/or in the summer afterward.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
This. Universities are all very well versed in their athletes leaving just before grad for professional sports and have programs prearranged for them to finish, be it online and/or in the summer afterward.

Good call on saying yesterday he'd be here soon.

And yeah, I hope he gets his degree. A Yale degree is more important than playing a handful of games with the Hawks in the coming weeks.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Good call on saying yesterday he'd be here soon.

And yeah, I hope he gets his degree. A Yale degree is more important than playing a handful of games with the Hawks in the coming weeks.

Yeah, he'll absolutely get it. Any senior from any school will that leaves early will. Especially if you put in four years at a school like Yale, you better damn make sure you get the degree out of it. :laugh:

I am figuring Louis will be doing the same now that his season is done. He is not a Senior but Powers said Sikura is considering it, but I think he should stick around in school for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad