Prospect Info: 8th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Saint John Sea Dogs are playing Rimouski Oceanic tonight in QMJHL action...score at end of 2 periods is 7-3 for the Sea Dogs ...our newest signing,Matt Highmore has 3 assists so far ...only caught the last Sea Dogs goal set up by Highmore ..so cannot comment on his first 2 assists ...BUT tge 3rd was a beauty...as usual he tracks picks hard and did so on a loose puck behind the Rimouski net..then a quick pass right on the tape to the slot and bang ....it is in for a goal.

The Sea Dogs are a deep 4 line team ...ranked 3rd in all of the CHL junior teams in the 3 leagues of major junior comprising the CHL...

They have 11 players drafted or already signed to an ELC in the NHL...so a very deep deep talented team..Nathan Noel has 1 assist do far in the game.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Highmore scores on the pp! Tap in ...Right therecat the crease to receive the pass and tap it in. .So 4th point do far 1g 3a..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Erie is ahead 8-1 after 2 periods ...DeBrincat has 2g 1a so far...but I for not see either not his goals. .was watching the Sea Dogs game ...and switching back for quick looks at the Erie game but missed the DeBrincat goals ...but since Cirelli has a Hatty DeBrincat will not get a first star tonight unless he equals that with at least another goal or piles up a bunch more asdists in the 3rd period.

Hopefully we will see both Erie and Saint John go alk the way to the Memorial Cup ..woukd love to see them play each other. .both very deep teams...Highmore now 3rd in the Q in scoring as of thus moment..Saint John win the game 9-3..

On the Erie game they just had a 29 shot 2nd period ..Is there a mercy rule when you lead 8-1 after 2?

Anyway we see both Elite teams in their respective leagues en fuego tonight.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
ERIE wins 10-1 over Niagara..a quiet night for DeBrincat ...only the 2g and 1a out of their 10 goals .

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The Icehogs twitter is getting lonely it's just hitting up Debrincat, can't wait.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The CHL scoring race after last night....Sam Steel of Regina Pats leads DeBrincat by 1 point (117-116) and he has 9GR vs.8GR for DeBrincat .

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I can really see Bondra turning out to be something. He has hands, smarts, speed, and grit to his game. He wins so many puck battles along the boards it's nuts. His reach alone wins him a lot of 50/50 pucks. For how big he is, you would think it would hurt his movement on the ice and down low, but he is probably one of the better players on PG to get down low and win puck battles. He just physically owns other players.

The last two games were against Kamloops, who is a huge rival of PG and has been for many years. These game this weekend were huge for PG to win to try and lock up their division, and it was treated like playoff games. Well, the whole team came out hitting, Bondra included. When he is engaged physically, he manhandled others. Definitely a handful of checks that come to mind just because of his stature.

Really, really like this player. Very smart and the fact he has size to go along with it could spell a very solid future for him.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I can really see Bondra turning out to be something. He has hands, smarts, speed, and grit to his game. He wins so many puck battles along the boards it's nuts. His reach alone wins him a lot of 50/50 pucks. For how big he is, you would think it would hurt his movement on the ice and down low, but he is probably one of the better players on PG to get down low and win puck battles. He just physically owns other players.

The last two games were against Kamloops, who is a huge rival of PG and has been for many years. These game this weekend were huge for PG to win to try and lock up their division, and it was treated like playoff games. Well, the whole team came out hitting, Bondra included. When he is engaged physically, he manhandled others. Definitely a handful of checks that come to mind just because of his stature.

Really, really like this player. Very smart and the fact he has size to go along with it could spell a very solid future for him.

Thanks for your feedback. Bondra sounds like a great prospect.

Another blunder by Stan & the scouting department. /s

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So I am flipping the channels back and forth between the Saint John Sea Dogs game and the Erie Otters game this afternoon...

Saint John leads Cape Breton 2-0 after 1 period..Nathan Noel on a pp slap shot goal...he was playing Rt. Point in their PP...moved to the high centre ...hard slapper and in..Their 2nd goal was made by a primary assist by Matt Highmore on another pp goal ...he tracked the puck on the right wing boards ...got it back to the point...then he moves right to the crease in front of the Cape Breton goalie ...the puck is shot on net ...the goalie stops it but their is a scrum on the loose puck...Highmore keepsvwahacking and eventually wins the puck battle digging it out right to a team-mate standing about 2 feet off tge goalie's left post..and a goal results.THis shows Highmore is nit afraid of plain in the dirty area at the crease ..his determination to win the puck ..and his correct decision to dish it instead of trying just to whack it in himself in a congested area of players and skates in the crease area. .

Highmore is playing RW but he us also used on their PK where he takes the draws abd wins them...

My opinion is that he may make the Hawks squad right out big the gate..He is a terrific hockey player who does almost everything well.

In the other game DeBrincat has a pp goal ..but more impressive was his play on a.pk ...yes tracks a puck going to be retrieved by a Niagara D-man ...wins the puck..pased to Strome who keeps it a few seconds then passes back to DeBrincat who then proceeds to rag the puck around then o-zone and back.out to his own zone killing off about 25 seconds while he has posession and they cannot get it away from him. The score is 4-2 Erie

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Noel beats goalies on a wicked shot but it just hits inside of right post and bounces out...2 mutes later Cape Breton gets a PP goal...2-1 now about 6 minutes into the 2nd period. BUT just as I type it ..3 way padding pkay Noel finds Gauthier and Sea Dogs back up 3-1.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Switched back to the Erie game..now 4-4 ...and Erie has pulled their goalie starter taday for their other goalie(Troy Timpano now in net for them).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Now 7-5 for Niagara over Erie with 1:40 left I'm the 2nd period...So that is 5 goals given up by Erie in the 2nd period ...I guess their worst period of the season..They led tjis game 4-1 at one stage in the first period..You would think the Erie coach would be chewing out his team in the intermission after this disaster of a period. Period just ended ...7-5 score for Niagara. .

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
To be fair to Erie. ..this is their 3rd game in 2 and a half days...played Fri night and Saturday night and now the afternoon game today ..Niagara had Saturday off ...Erie beat Niagara 10-1 Friday night sp you know Niagara was determined to compete much harder today to make up for that game.But Erie is out-shooting them by I think 10 shots after 2 ..but really giving up too many goid chances that were converted.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Nathan Noel with another rocket of a shot on the pp for his 2nd goal of the game..4-1 Saint John..no they just scored again..5-1..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
In the Erie game ...Erie down 8-7 with about a minute left when Niagara gets can en goal...9-7 Niagara..On the next shift DeBrincat down on the ice after being cross-checked from behind...After about a minute on the ice DeBrincat got up on his own but taken to the dressing room ...Justcavouck drp ..and game over. So Erie loses 2 in a row ...Fired 60nshotsvon goal against Niagara but only 7 went in. .Niagara badlyboutshot but puts 9 in on Erie..so it goes some games.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
THE Sea Dogs game just ended ..Won 5-1 ...So Noel 2g 1a. ..Highmore I think had just 1a but you could run a video highlight reel of alk the great plays 2 ways he made ...Tremendous on the pk ...Q is going to love him..I hope the Chicago pk coaches do not ruin hom.because he can pressure point shooters by getting there to disrupt shots. He can track pucks that are loose ..getvthere first and clear ...or break up cross lane oases with s goid stick .Wins draws on the pk too ..Useful player in Every situation..They had to kill a 5 minute major ..Highmore was great von his pk shifts.Q will love him...So glad we signed him. And Noel really has a rocket of a shot that he bis now finally using with a lit more confidence on the pp instead of deferring only to set up mothers. .So these 2 prospects looking real good.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
FYI: Nathan Noel is at 57.1% on faceoffs and Matt Highmore is at 53.6%...
Noel is the 2nd line C for Saint John ...

Highmore is a first line RW except that he takes a lot of faceoffs including on the pk...He has taken 1305 draws thru March 5th ..so that is nearly 22 a game ..

Point is we do have 2 goid faceoff guys in these prospects.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Yale must now play Harvard in the ECAC quarter finals....Harvard ranked #2 in the NCAA Div 1 vs. Unranked Yale...Harvard 22-52-2 whike Yale only 13-13 -5...In tge 3 games played against each other this season Harvard win and tge other game ended in a tie.
Harvard is overwhelming favourite to win this best 2 of 3 series (91% for Harvard,Yale given only 9% probability of pulling the upset).

So if it goes go form John Hayden will be playing his final game for Yale either Saturday March 11 or the next day if there is a 3rd game ...unless Yale pulls s miracle and advances to the ECAC semi-finals.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
So Yale must now play Harvard in the ECAC quarter finals....Harvard ranked #2 in the NCAA Div 1 vs. Unranked Yale...Harvard 22-52-2 whike Yale only 13-13 -5...In tge 3 games played against each other this season Harvard win and tge other game ended in a tie.
Harvard is overwhelming favourite to win this best 2 of 3 series (91% for Harvard,Yale given only 9% probability of pulling the upset).

So if it goes go form John Hayden will be playing his final game for Yale either Saturday March 11 or the next day if there is a 3rd game ...unless Yale pulls s miracle and advances to the ECAC semi-finals.

HF50, many thanks for all the good updates on the hawks prospects playing.

i appreciate your effort.

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
Just going by my gut, but I feel confident he'll sign with the Hawks after his season is over - which unfortunately for him looks like it'll be this weekend. I expect he'll finish his schooling at one of the nation's top universities, so as fans we can't get too hung up if he doesn't sign right away.

Hayden seems like he'll be a great addition to the Hawks depth chart (including Rockford) and you can't help but feel he'll get a couple games in this year.
He reminds me a lot of Kayes and how he'll be utilized at the pro level (hopefully that's where the similarities end).

Maybe in a couple of years we'll see a 3rd line with Shalunov and Hayes that can show off decent skating for big guys and work the cycle down low. Hossa sounds like he could be a solid fit on that line where he wouldn't be expected to win every board battle on his own.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
If he signs I'm sure it will be this year with the agreement he plays one game on the hawks and burns a year off his ELC.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
In an interview with Powers, Snuggerud said he studies Duncan Keith all the time. Has an app that breaks down the game into just all Keith's shifts and he watches regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia