Prospect Info: #8OA, Marco Kasper

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
@OgeeOgelthorpe gets his Marco!

I will say, with how fast this decision was made, he was much higher than 8OA for us in my eyes.

And Steve’s comments…he might be a dark horse for the Wings in 2022-23

You mean WE got our Marco.

giphy.gif

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Great pick, i'm thinking an outside shot to be The first Wings pick in a very long time to crack the roster this year. Raymond played a year in the SHL then made the team. Kasper already held his own in the SHL, I can see him coming to NA this season and actually gets a look, if not the Griffs it is

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
So what is the positive take on Marco? Upside? Compatibles?

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
I'm so happy! As a big Austrian hockey guy, I'm telling you, ya'll got a great player. You're going to love him!
That's cool! When the Red Wings drafted my "Landsmann" Seider, I was disappointed, because I was hoping for Zegras. Fortunately, I was wrong, and equally fortunately, they have a very good center prospect now.

Many raised the question about Kasper's upside. However, Larkin has shown that effectiveness does not require overly flashy tools, and Yzerman's previous early picks have all exceeded expectations quickly. It also feels good that this pick fits the Red Wings philosophy according to all these pundits. Pardon me for writing this: Mach mich Piefke glücklich, Marco!

Gruß,
BSHH

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Pronman on Kasper:

Thoughts on the pick: Marco Kasper became a favorite of mine — and a favorite of many NHL scouts — as the season progressed. He’s a well-rounded forward who did so well versus pros this season. He may not be elite at anything, but he has the looks of a two-way top-six NHL center, which is exactly what the Wings needed.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I am getting the growing feeling that he’s closer to NHL ready than he’s given credit for. Played pro in SHL. He’ll be over here for camp and make waves. I’ll bet he starts in Grand Rapids the coming year.

He probably COULD play on an NHL 3rd line next year. He's got the speed and he could handle the physical play of the SHL. I'd prefer if he stayed in Rogle for 1 more year to work on his shot and to be a center full time there.

If he plays 45+ games in the SHL next year I'd love to see him get 25+ points and think he's definitely got the skill to do so. That's a really good season for an under 19 player in that league.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Thanks for the advice,

Go Sabres Go!

Kasper is a "boring" pick. It's safe. From the video I watched, he looks good, but did not wow me at all. I'm sure the NHL Teams have more accessibility to highlights and film, but from my digging around on Youtube, Kasper didn't really wow me

Yzerman's job isn't to draft players that wow you. His job is to build a perennial championship team.

I'm sure the 5 minutes of video you watched of him was boring.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
People are complaining about how many points this guy had in the SHL as a 17 year old, he just turned 18 in April. Picked it up in the playoffs.

This.

Kasper's points per game were 5th best for a first year draft eligible player in their first full SHL season.

Kasper's PLAYOFF points per game are THE best for a first year draft eligible player in the SHL.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Yzerman's job isn't to draft players that wow you. His job is to build a perennial championship team.

I'm sure the 5 minutes of video you watched of him was boring.
I mean, there's more than 5 minutes of Kasper highlights on Youtube...but yeah, wasn't overly wowed. Seems like a safe pick. At 8 overall I think you should gamble a bit on skill and potential, but that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad