GDT: #8 | Oilers at FLYERS | Sat. Oct. 21, 1:00 pm ET| NBCSP, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Ghost was good also but lots of young guys who are going to have "learning experiences". They didn't play particularly well but gave up only one goal and won. I'm very happy at 5-3-0 after eight games against pretty good teams.

Yeah forgot about him. He played very well defensively this game.

Reactions: Foggy14

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
That’s a game that the Flyers would have definitely lost last year, they seem to have a different attitude this year and actual smart fast players
Similar to Eagles last year versus this year.

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
I'm still pissed about going to the water closet. This stuff isnt supposed to happen when I leave the room

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
And of course the Preds lost against the Rangers. I knew it.
Couldn't beat the Bruins, couldn't beat the Penguins, but of course, they beat us twice...

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Let's all go to the game day thread on the Oilers board just to like this post. :D
Screenshot_20171021-154535.png

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
That’s a game that the Flyers would have definitely lost last year, they seem to have a different attitude this year and actual smart fast players

Alternatively, that looked like one of the wins in the 10-game streak where they came out with 2 points despite being outplayed. Can we expect that the coaching staff will be diligent about pointing out their collective poor play today?

Elliott was very good spreading out down low and knocking away shots that snuck through traffic. He was horrible on the lone goal and really wasn't tested in the 2nd or 3rd (all that I saw of the game). I can't think of a difficult save he had to make.

The defense was solid but the forwards were shaky in their own zone. They just looked lost playing the puck out, leading to turnover after turnover. I thought Voracek (hi!) had a poor game, with many instances where misplaying the puck in the offensive zone set up fast breakouts by the Oilers. There were also lots of missed shots that the Oilers pounced on and drove up the ice.

Patrick had a bad game. Weise was a non-factor and there were at least two incidents where I saw him get away with smacking an Oiler glove with his stick. Laughton, Lehtera, and Read were mediocre and Simmonds seems to really be labouring with the face shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad