GDT: #8 | Oilers at FLYERS | Sat. Oct. 21, 1:00 pm ET| NBCSP, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Andrew McDonald can go be good in another team, Bill stop towing the company line and drop the act

Reactions: Stizzle

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
farmer better than ever and there is nothing missing from his play....... bill....

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
Alternatively, that looked like one of the wins in the 10-game streak where they came out with 2 points despite being outplayed. Can we expect that the coaching staff will be diligent about pointing out their collective poor play today?

Elliott was very good spreading out down low and knocking away shots that snuck through traffic. He was horrible on the lone goal and really wasn't tested in the 2nd or 3rd (all that I saw of the game). I can't think of a difficult save he had to make.

The defense was solid but the forwards were shaky in their own zone. They just looked lost playing the puck out, leading to turnover after turnover. I thought Voracek (hi!) had a poor game, with many instances where misplaying the puck in the offensive zone set up fast breakouts by the Oilers. There were also lots of missed shots that the Oilers pounced on and drove up the ice.

Patrick had a bad game. Weise was a non-factor and there were at least two incidents where I saw him get away with smacking an Oiler glove with his stick. Laughton, Lehtera, and Read were mediocre and Simmonds seems to really be labouring with the face shield.
He had the one really good save on McDavid on that 2on1. Shot went up the shaft of the stick but that's all I can think off.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
Since there's lots of people in here at the moment and I can't find it... did the Video Game thread get lost when they updated this forum?? I can't find it in any of my searches

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
farmer better than ever and there is nothing missing from his play....... bill....
Well if you only saw this game you might conclude that. Totally fine with MacD if he plays like that every night. He was really good.... No really. I'm totally cheering him next game and every game until he sucks again.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Since there's lots of people in here at the moment and I can't find it... did the Video Game thread get lost when they updated this forum?? I can't find it in any of my searches

I'm not sure about this, but I think you have to go back through the pages of threads manually until you find it - I don't think the search function will turn it up until we post in it here on the new site.

Reactions: Chicken Chaser

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Ghost and Hagg are terrific together. Probably our two best defensemen so far this season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hagg's had a really good start, but I think Maroon dummied him on the goal almost as much as did Patrick. But that's fine, he's a rookie after all and should only improve.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I think I have in an old black and white movie once.

All I know is I've never heard anyone young say it and it sounds like one of those older terms. :laugh:
I'm 99% sure it's a british thing, like dustbin.

They really love their euphemisms over there. Queens and lords and ladies can't be associated with "trash" or "garbage", and certainly nothing that would imply the product of any bodily function my word!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad