GDT: #8 | Oilers at FLYERS | Sat. Oct. 21, 1:00 pm ET| NBCSP, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Bill Clement just said he'd take Wayne Simmonds #2 in the NHL after McDavid!!! You can't make this **** up.
ObKDaYm.jpg

I love Simmonds, but come on...

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
It goes against eveyr fiber of my being to think poorly of Billy C, but our commenting team could use some new blood.

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
Ghost and Hagg are terrific together. Probably our two best defensemen so far this season.
I dont want to jinx Ghost because he may be do for an off game but at this point he is really doing great things at both ends and hagg seems to be a great partner that adjusts.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
As a Flyers fan, they had a good win and hell yeah for beating a tough team. As a McDavid fan and owner of him in fantasy, I wish he got a point from Maroon's goal :laugh:.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Gonna have to defend Bill on this one. What does Simmer not do? He's the best netfront man in the league, he beats down heavyweight enforcers on a regular basis, and a few years ago he turned his speed and defensive games completely around 180 degrees to the point where he started actually killing penalties. He does it all.

Also, he's not Crybaby Crosby. #2 for me as well.

I'll admit however I might be a little high right now as a result of that self-alley oop the other day. It was the main inspiration for a post I made where I said "Watching the replay is more fun than seeing it live, it's like watching superheroes flying around playing hockey". It's a shame he didn't score there, because I haven't seen any gifs of it, and I'd like to post one right about now.

Last edited:

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Simmer is going to get paid, and his 5 on 5 play with not justify his term or $. Imo he is one of those players you let go at the end of his contract, shake his hand and wish him the best.

Reactions: Stizzle

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Simmer is going to get paid, and his 5 on 5 play with not justify his term or $. Imo he is one of those players you let go at the end of his contract, shake his hand and wish him the best.
Dead last in the league, you have to be able to see that last year's woes were systemic.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Lucic got 6, Backes got 6. If that's his comp I think flyers are alright if they spend 2 mil more on Simmer. He has one of the most difficult skillset to replace in the league and I would rather spend it on that than someone like Weise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad