Post-Game Talk: #73 | Capitals 3 at FLYERS 6 | Sun., Mar. 18, 2018, 5:00 pm ET

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Yes, I am thoroughly excited the Flyers won. Of course, Manning doesn’t play and he still gets bashed some in the post game thread. I dont necessarily think him not playing led to the victory. It could have easily happened with him in there instead of AMac, Hagg, or Gudas.

He probably won’t play again unless someone gets hurt, so everyone can be happy. Let’s Go Flyers.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yes, I am thoroughly excited the Flyers won. Of course, Manning doesn’t play and he still gets bashed some in the post game thread. I dont necessarily think him not playing led to the victory. It could have easily happened with him in there instead of AMac, Hagg, or Gudas.

He probably won’t play again unless someone gets hurt, so everyone can be happy. Let’s Go Flyers.
9 games left. Plenty of time for the Dog.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sanheim looks a lot better with MacDonald than Gudas, of course, he just looks a lot better after that month in the AHL, if you want to say he's no different that before he was sent down, my advice is to go so your Optometrist. Sanheim simply doesn't look lost this time around, and he's not mind farting left and right. MacDonald has actually been playing well again, sure, he's physically limited (too small, not fast enough) but he is the only "reliable" veteran on defense. And he's good suppressing goals in his D-zone.

And that's because we really don't miss Manning when we have Gudas out there these days. He's not the same player since he was suspended, he was always limited physically, but the hits set the tone and forwards were intimidated, now they go right at him. And Gudas is almost as bad clearing the puck as Hagg. Not to mention an awful play leading to a goal that a veteran should NEVER make with 3 goal lead in the 3rd period.

If Simmonds could play like this for 82 games an extension would be a no-brainer, but beware of pyrite. To be effective, he has to skate, hit and shoot, because while the puck finds Patrick's stick, it's allergic to Simmonds' stick moving up and down the ice.

Great to see that hard work pay off for Lindblom, he must have borrowed the Cap'n's mongoose to rid himself of snakes.

Konency is a nut case, that's why he has to get stronger, because the boy is gonna get hurt if he doesn't add some muscles.

As far a slapshots, both the Ghost and Hagg shots had one thing in common, no long windup and hesitation, perfectly timed so when the puck arrived, so did their stick blade - giving the defense no time to read and react.

Notice how much better this team looks when they get competent goaltending?
This isn't a great team, but it's a good team when their goalie matches up with the opponent's goalie.

Reactions: marcsson68

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
giphy.gif

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia

Manning better be sending you a free signed ManDog shirt with all of the abuse you've taken.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Got a call at the last minuter offering me a ticket. First game I went to this season and it was a doozy. The clear takeaway from this is that I'm good luck and you should all chip in and subsidize my attendance at the remaining Flyers games this year. I'm not too picky, so something in the upper level is fine.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sanheim looks a lot better with MacDonald than Gudas, of course, he just looks a lot better after that month in the AHL, if you want to say he's no different that before he was sent down, my advice is to go so your Optometrist. Sanheim simply doesn't look lost this time around, and he's not mind farting left and right. MacDonald has actually been playing well again, sure, he's physically limited (too small, not fast enough) but he is the only "reliable" veteran on defense. And he's good suppressing goals in his D-zone.

And that's because we really don't miss Manning when we have Gudas out there these days. He's not the same player since he was suspended, he was always limited physically, but the hits set the tone and forwards were intimidated, now they go right at him. And Gudas is almost as bad clearing the puck as Hagg. Not to mention an awful play leading to a goal that a veteran should NEVER make with 3 goal lead in the 3rd period.

If Simmonds could play like this for 82 games an extension would be a no-brainer, but beware of pyrite. To be effective, he has to skate, hit and shoot, because while the puck finds Patrick's stick, it's allergic to Simmonds' stick moving up and down the ice.

Great to see that hard work pay off for Lindblom, he must have borrowed the Cap'n's mongoose to rid himself of snakes.

Konency is a nut case, that's why he has to get stronger, because the boy is gonna get hurt if he doesn't add some muscles.

As far a slapshots, both the Ghost and Hagg shots had one thing in common, no long windup and hesitation, perfectly timed so when the puck arrived, so did their stick blade - giving the defense no time to read and react.

Notice how much better this team looks when they get competent goaltending?
This isn't a great team, but it's a good team when their goalie matches up with the opponent's goalie.

All that waffle and you didn’t even find room to advocate trading Voracek because of his wrist shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad