Post-Game Talk: #71 | Blue Jackets at FLYERS | Thu., Mar. 15, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Same nonsense I read every game.

Top players got all the minutes, and face it, Manning was better than Sanheim, both made a bad mistake that lead to a goal, but Manning at least generated some offense. Ghost showed why he can't play in front of the net on the Atkinson goal and Gudas blew a line change.

Anyone notice that whoever you put with Laughton, it looks the same, lots of O-zone time but never a good scoring chance.
This should lay to rest the idea that replacing Filppula with Laughton would make a difference.

Patrick and Lindblom are still learning, but boy are they going to be good.

The real problem, as it's been most of the year, is goalie play.
Fleury outplayed Mrazek the other night, Bob out played him tonight.
Starting to think they should just start Lyon and limit the damage to a 4th rd pick (since Mrazek only has 4 wins).

Imagine if Hextall could only find a young goalie who had upside!

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
This one hurts.

That said

- you can’t judge a team in the middle of a skid like this one or several others we have had.

- you can’t expect the jackets, devils and panthers to keep it up until the end. They may have more games in them, but they will slow down.

- if we go over .500 we are in the playoffs playing someone. I just don’t want to play Tampa and get stomped. If you can’t go over .500 to end the season then you really don’t belong in the playoffs anyway.

- Hak is bad but at least he eventually gets it. Sanheim on the PP2. Cutting filp out of the pp and double shifting players in his place. Benching filp and Lehtera for a lot of the third. There are still major issues like manning, but honestly do we really have the parts right now to make that much of a change there?

- people forget the start Simmonds got off to. He was carrying this team and was on fire. Then he got something like 4 injuries in 2 games and it showed. Then he was just out and had oral surgery. If you have teeth work done, you don’t eat. Simmonds looks like a guy that hasn’t eaten in awhile. Give him a few weeks.

- g is an absolute monster. You are talking a guy that will likely overtake Eric lindros next game and he’s 30 yo.

I’ll save some thoughts for the canes gdt.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't even remember, but probably some poor bastard just mistyped something and we ran with it, same as "Hakstok"

I don’t think so, Cap’n. :laugh:

As far as I’m aware you’re the one who randomly started calling him “Dan,” because it sounded better, as you said. Then you switched to calling him “Jeff” of late. You’re in such a state of cornfusion you don’t remember that you started it! The “Hakstok” part was someone’s typo though. God bless them because we would be in deep deep trouble if we could not angrily scream out the name, Hakstok.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People have to stop pretending the problem with Gudas is being paired with Manning.
The problem with Gudas is the league knows he's one hit from a long suspension and are no longer intimidated, and without that fear factor, he's exposed as a guy with average speed at best, a mediocre shot from the point and a bit nervous with the puck on his stick.
Truth is, even with his screwups, Manning may be the better of the two.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

As far as I’m aware you’re the one who randomly started calling him “Dan,” because it sounded better, as you said. Then you switched to calling him “Jeff” of late. You’re in such a state of cornfusion you don’t remember that you started it!

That is entirely possible lol. Sorry, everyone!

giphy.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
People have to stop pretending the problem with Gudas is being paired with Manning.
The problem with Gudas is the league knows he's one hit from a long suspension and are no longer intimidated, and without that fear factor, he's exposed as a guy with average speed at best, a mediocre shot from the point and a bit nervous with the puck on his stick.
Truth is, even with his screwups, Manning may be the better of the two.

don_cherry.jpg

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013

As far as I’m aware you’re the one who randomly started calling him “Dan,” because it sounded better, as you said. Then you switched to calling him “Jeff” of late. You’re in such a state of cornfusion you don’t remember that you started it! The “Hakstok” part was someone’s typo though. God bless them because we would be in deep deep trouble if we could not angrily scream out the name, Hakstok.
The "Dan" came from that guy who wrote that parody/troll post on Reddit and then posted it here.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I get some people need to defend the coach, but why Hakstol? The guy is a bitch. He chooses to play boring, conservative hockey. He chooses to overplay the Filppulas, the MacDonalds,the Haggs, and the Mannings. At least the people that defended Doug Pederson last year defended a coach that was ultra aggressive and took chances.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I hope Hak croaks.

Not really. I guess.

No, no, no. There are two appropriate frog analogies in our present situation. The first is that this is what Filppula, Lehtera, Hagg, Manning and MacDonald look like in practice:

giphy.gif

And this is how they look during a game:

giphy.gif

The second analogy is the frog put in water that is raised in temperature 1 degree at a time, and finds out way too late that it is being boiled alive.

Okay, three frog analogies.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018

Top players got all the minutes, and face it, Manning was better than Sanheim, both made a bad mistake that lead to a goal, but Manning at least generated some offense. Ghost showed why he can't play in front of the net on the Atkinson goal and Gudas blew a line change.

Anyone notice that whoever you put with Laughton, it looks the same, lots of O-zone time but never a good scoring chance.
This should lay to rest the idea that replacing Filppula with Laughton would make a difference.

Starting to think they should just start Lyon and limit the damage to a 4th rd pick (since Mrazek only has 4 wins).

lol ok

SchatzY

Jul 30, 2016
Lehigh Valley

What offense? The muffins he throws from the point to an unscreened goalie? There was a shift in the theirs that Sanheim took where he created 3 chances with the top line by himself. Manning 's goal was far far worse. Terrible positioning following his D partner in the corner. Playing where the winger sound have been instead of going behind the net for an outlet, or covering someone in front. Sanheim on the other hand poked the puck away from a dangerous area and the forward Laughton I believe was flying the zone instead of stopping and making sure the puck got out.

Yes because it's so much easier to score a goal 200ft away from your net.

Agreed

Again not a bad assessment.

Stolie,Hart, the dude in Europe I'm blanking on the name?

But spot on accuracy like usual.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia