GDT: #69 | Leafs at Flyers | March 19, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We all knew coming into this season that the team had a lot of dead wood and lack of talent. Amazingley Torts got way more than we all expected. Playoffs seemed almost certain. Then came the Hart problem and a rash of injuries and now many have turned on the coach. Everybody loves the winner until they become the loser.

Playoffs aren't impressive. Average and even bad teams make them every year. The bar has really been lowered.

Reactions: Amorgus and BiggE

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Couts is burned out. After being hurt and out all the past years. He has hit a wall like several of the players. Losing Hart along with most of the defense and dumping the load on Ersson its no wonder they're fading fast. I really don't believe Couts is being punished
What would be a great way of showing that Tortorella isn't punishing Couturier is for Tortorella to tell Couturier why he is healthy scratching him. "I just want to see more from him," is asinine and unhelpful.

I am watching the game on TVA (French) and they just flashed a stat that Couturier is the first healthy-scratched captain since Ed Jovanovski. They are talking about Couturier nonstop and not in a way that is supportive of Tortorella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad