GDT: #69 | Leafs at Flyers | March 19, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
Question to Flyers fans: I've read all the comments and most of you are mad that Couturier is benched, but I haven't read anything about Couturier's play lately. Has he been good? Do the Flyers have a better chance of winning without him?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Scratching Couts is spot on for Torts doing stupid shit to prove he is in charge of the room not his captain. The Flyers will probably find a way to win tonight and all the authentics will puff out their chests and say see it worked.
"Torts knows how to push all the right buttons"

Will ignore that Ersson stands on his head if they win

Question to Flyers fans: I've read all the comments and most of you are mad that Couturier is benched, but I haven't read anything about Couturier's play lately. Has he been good? Do the Flyers have a better chance of winning without him?
Look who else is dressed and that answer is very clear.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
He was such a wimp he had Rocky Thompson do pre-game interviews instead of facing questions. He didn’t even discuss anything with Couturier privately. Hard to sugarcoat when you duck conversations.
And you know this?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I hope when I check back in 3 hours I see a 7-2 drubbing with 2g from Matthews.

It's hard to describe how much I hate this team. Would love for Clarke to never see another win

Reactions: BiggE

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Couts & Atkinson are older players. When you get older recovery is a lot tougher. With the lack of talent we have most of ourm players are at the edge of burnout. It's surprising they have held on this long.

Couturier disagrees with you about the nature of this handling. He's been sat for injuries before without any reaction like this. This is something else.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
We all knew coming into this season that the team had a lot of dead wood and lack of talent. Amazingley Torts got way more than we all expected. Playoffs seemed almost certain. Then came the Hart problem and a rash of injuries and now many have turned on the coach. Everybody loves the winner until they become the loser.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Couturier disagrees with you about the nature of this handling. He's been sat for injuries before without any reaction like this. This is something else.
Absolutely
Couts has never been, at any point in his career, the kind of guy who speaks out or rocks the boat. Every coach he played for here, from Berube to Hak to Gordon to AV to Yeo had nothing but good things to say about him. For him to make a statement like he did today is shocking and it tells me all I need to know about Torts and his bs ways.

Reactions: Tripod

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
l41lRtLESU5h5Msvu.gif

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
I'm not a Couturier fan mainly because I know he has no shot at living up to that contract, but he is obviously hurt. Why won't the Flyers just be honest with their fanbase for a change. Instead, they sacrifice the player's rep. Why do they have such contempt for one of the most loyal fan bases in all of sports.
His contract...it was excessive in my opinion. I felt it was to show the fanbase "Hey look, we got a star too who we have to give the big contract to". Like keeping up with the Joneses. Anyways, a healthy Couts was/is excellent hockey player...just nt sure if he'll ever be there again. I hope so...

Reactions: mr4tno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad