GDT: #69 | Leafs at Flyers | March 19, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I mean...

Lecavalier, Gaborik, Kreider, Kesler, Edler, Dubois...

not like he does not have a track record of picking fights with players.

And with Sather and Gillis... GMs.

There is part of me that thinks maybe some of this is related to not getting his way fully a the deadline, with Couts being close to Briere off ice too.

Torts the other day was blabbing about how the Flyers would be looking at bringing back Walker in the off-season... he is not the GM.

Can only hope that Torts goes full Haktard and pisses everyone off including Briere leading to him getting canned this off-season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

The interview with Couturier is infuriating. It's so clear that Torts gives no actual help or direction to the players he's scratching. The healthy scratching is just a stick that he beats them with.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I bet the authentics on Twitter are absolutely loving the Coots scratching
They are.

The interview with Couturier is infuriating. It's so clear that Torts gives no actual help or direction to the players he's scratching. The healthy scratching is just a stick that he beats them with.
He's said that he doesn't, and he's proud of it.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

I guess we can change the "No one is above the team" motto, to "No one is above the coach" at this point.

I bet the authentics on Twitter are absolutely loving the Coots scratching
The authentics on twitter also love eating yellow snow, so you know, judge accordingly.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Scratching the captain for what is one of the most significant games of the season in your playoff drive sure is something.

Torts is an uncompromising coach in either direction.

Reactions: Larry44

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
This is really confusing. He's probably the only player on the team, that during his entire career with the flyers, never gave anyone a reason to bench him. I've criticized him before but I've never jumped on the fire torts or decapitate torts bandwagons, but as of right now he can go kick rocks and lick my butt.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Couts is burned out. After being hurt and out all the past years. He has hit a wall like several of the players. Losing Hart along with most of the defense and dumping the load on Ersson its no wonder they're fading fast. I really don't believe Couts is being punished

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Couts is burned out. After being hurt and out all the past years. He has hit a wall like several of the players. Losing Hart along with most of the defense and dumping the load on Ersson its no wonder they're fading fast. I really don't believe Couts is being punished
Torts didn't let Farabee off the hook last year for coming back having had ADR surgery, when it was still brand new, and he nearly asked for a trade, so they know what this is.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Couts & Atkinson are older players. When you get older recovery is a lot tougher. With the lack of talent we have most of ourm players are at the edge of burnout. It's surprising they have held on this long.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To publicly criticize and scratch your newly named captain is 100% punishment.

If Torts PRIVATELY took Couts aside and said "listen, we both know your play has been below your norm and I overplayed you early in the year. Let's take the next game off due to injury and see if that helps reset things"

That is how you handle it with class.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Atkinson and Couturier aren’t remotely the same. Atkinson is 3 years older and totally cooked. He’s been cooked since day 1 of camp. We know Couturier isn’t cooked — he had a very good few month start. Meltzer has hinted at a lingering January injury, coinciding with his games missed. Combined with high usage and his back surgeries, you have a worn down player.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Atkinson and Couturier aren’t remotely the same. Atkinson is 3 years older and totally cooked. He’s been cooked since day 1 of camp. We know Couturier isn’t cooked — he had a very good few month start. Meltzer has hinted at a lingering January injury, coinciding with his games missed. Combined with high usage and his back surgeries, you have a worn down player.
It's certainly rational that after a year and a half of being off, that he's hitting a wall, especially if he's not fully healthy, which almost nobody is this time of year, but just needing a night off because of it would be fine. however that's not what this is.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
TSN is roasting Torts

Saying Torts looked like a buffoon in Tampa
Team didn't respond with him out
Name Couts captain 34 days ago
Scratching Couts is a garbage move
List Torts seasons last 20 years.....garbage
This is all to destract from his record, and the team reeling
Torts always says he doesn't want to make it about him, but he makes it about him
Words and behavior don't match up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA