OT: 61st Obsequious Banter Thread: Peppermint Fatty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I'm Italian and wine doesn't do much for me.....alcohol in general.
I honestly hate all kinds of whiskey. I’m Irish too & I can’t stand Irish Whiskey despite my dad always drinking Bushmills.
Trade it for a bottle of vodka.
Back in highschool I was drinking anything, by the time I was in my mid 20s I would have couple of beers at most. And even that got ruined after visiting Prague. @kudymen Btw I have never seen women drinking so much. Interesting lifestyle you guys have over there.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Speaking of Star Wars, Boba Fett is the most overrated character in the history of entertainment.

I will not be accepting disagreeing opinions at this time. Thank you for your understanding.

I was going to mock you mercilessly for this ridiculous statement, but I took the time to think about it ... and I am not sure how I feel, actually. Because there's the Boba Fett from the original trilogy, and then there's the Boba Fett from the prequels. And ... I don't know.

But I'll tell you this. The ordeal you had to go through to get the Boba Fett action figure back in 1980-81 made it a very precious thing. You had to collect like 6 proofs of purchase from packages of other figures, then mail it in, then wait like 6-8 weeks for it to arrive. It got to my house late on a Saturday in a very plain-looking cardboard rectangle. It was everything.

The most underrated Star Wars action figure is the Jawa. Hands down.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I was going to mock you mercilessly for this ridiculous statement, but I took the time to think about it ... and I am not sure how I feel, actually. Because there's the Boba Fett from the original trilogy, and then there's the Boba Fett from the prequels. And ... I don't know.

But I'll tell you this. The ordeal you had to go through to get the Boba Fett action figure back in 1980-81 made it a very precious thing. You had to collect like 6 proofs of purchase from packages of other figures, then mail it in, then wait like 6-8 weeks for it to arrive. It got to my house late on a Saturday in a very plain-looking cardboard rectangle. It was everything.

The most underrated Star Wars action figure is the Jawa. Hands down.
He’s a better action figure than movie character, I think.

He’s basically got his peutation off of looking cool, not actually doing anything and then dying like a non-character.

Give him his own movie? Sure, Im fine with it because all the movies are well made (at least visually). If it’s good he’ll maybe start to deserve the rep he already has.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He’s a better action figure than movie character, I think.

He’s basically got his peutation off of looking cool, not actually doing anything and then dying like a non-character.

Give him his own movie? Sure, Im fine with it because all the movies are well made (at least visually). If it’s good he’ll maybe start to deserve the rep he already has.

You know who it reminds me of in the current trilogy is that female lieutenant/general in silver ... I can't remember her name. But it's the same kind of thing going on (although I think she may be back).

Reactions: Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You shut your damn mouth. It's the mystery of Boba Fett that made him a great character, not his on screen appearance.

I'm with you. Boba Fett is awesome. I'm stoked for the movie. Especially since we have no idea what he looks like so they can just pick any actor they want and it will work. I want an exploration of the world of Bounty Hunters, and i'm sure we will get more Jabba in there.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Heading to North Wildwood after work today, with a baby that hates being in his car seat. Traffic already looks like a shit show. FML.

Reactions: Jray42

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I would love to see a blockbuster movie that isn't Star Wars, or Comic Book related. Ive seen all the MCU, DC and Star Wars movies and its time for something new.

Reactions: CodyTheHuman

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Heading to North Wildwood after work today, with a baby that hates being in his car seat. Traffic already looks like a **** show. FML.
That's the reason I've never gone down for MDW, even though we love the beach and going down the shore.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Back in highschool I was drinking anything, by the time I was in my mid 20s I would have couple of beers at most. And even that got ruined after visiting Prague. @kudymen Btw I have never seen women drinking so much. Interesting lifestyle you guys have over there.

They're just competitive.. :laugh: they see guys drinking beer all night, don't want to get embarrassed and drink all the time too.. :laugh:

Btw re: origins and drinking, being Czech I drink beer all the time of course.. :)) Finding a Pilsner Urquell six pack during my Atlanta days was a true gift

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
The fact that he's the only bounty hunter that Darth Vader speaks directly to, the one who actually collects Han and Chewie in the end made him such a potential badass. If only he didn't go out like a bitch due to Lucas' slapstick bug starting to show.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Heading to North Wildwood after work today, with a baby that hates being in his car seat. Traffic already looks like a **** show. FML.

Check out the newly opened North Shore Bar. A friend of mine is the head chef and he's an awesome cook. He was the head chef of Blue Duck in NE Philly for the first few years it was opened, if yo're familiar with that.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Check out the newly opened North Shore Bar. A friend of mine is the head chef and he's an awesome cook. He was the head chef of Blue Duck in NE Philly for the first few years it was opened, if yo're familiar with that.
We went there two weekends ago, our family has a shore house and we usually walk down that way. The burger was really good, the lobster roll had more mayo then lobster though. :D

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Her armor is made of Palpatine’s old ship.

I’m guessing she comes back with a scar on her face since that was exposed but the rest should be able to withstand fire since it’s made of a ships parts.
I really don’t get the point of the character, other jamming in a known actress.

Remove her from the movies and nothing changes at all.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I really don’t get the point of the character, other jamming in a known actress.

Remove her from the movies and nothing changes at all.

She has been underused so far. She looks cool but that's not enough to make a compelling character. Give her SOMETHING to do if you bring her back.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
She has been underused so far. She looks cool but that's not enough to make a compelling character. Give her SOMETHING to do if you bring her back.
Exactly. I have the feeling she had a bigger role and it was then severely cut down in editing, but they could get rid of her completely because of the trailer and publicity.

I also remember seeing her do an interview where she goes on and on about how great the character is and how it’s so important for women and how little girls come up to her constantly saying she’s their hero... so either she’s delusional or something changed.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad