OT: 60th Obsequious Banter Thread: Some Guy Named Nate Raduns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I obviously don't know ANYTHING about The Man in the High Castle. :laugh: I didn't know anything about Mr. Robot but checked quick and saw there were no actual robots, which seemed to back up my theory.

It's not really sci-fi. It's alternative history.

I agree with your observation.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've noticed that there is no sci-fi, horror, or fantasy shows on your list. That would lead me to think that anything that's not relatively grounded in reality isn't going to be your cup of tea.
I dont avoid anything specifically, I like anything that I think is well made and intriguing.

Can't even really think of any shows in those genres that are really popular, other than The Walking Dead (which I don't like) or American Horror Story (which I've never seen).

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I dont avoid anything specifically, I like anything that I think is well made and intriguing.

Can't even really think of any shows in those genres that are really popular, other than The Walking Dead (which I don't like) or American Horror Story (which I've never seen).

Both TWD and AHS had good first seasons but have been varying degrees of bad since.

There have been a lot of good sci-fi and/or horror hows though.

The best, IMO, being the most recent run of Battlestar Gallactica.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is also a favorite of mind (and millions of others). My wife got me into when we first started dating. The first season is campy but then it becomes pretty great.

The X-Files is an obvious sci-fi/horror classic. One of the best series' ever made.

Black Mirror on Netflix is incredibe.

Firefly is a cult classic sci-fi series that is just awesome.

I'd mention Stranger Things but you've already let me down there lol.

True Blood was a great series for the most part. Bates Motel was very good.

Twin Peaks is super bizarre and not for everyone but I enjoyed it.

There's a lot out there..

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Both TWD and AHS had good first seasons but have been varying degrees of bad since.

There have been a lot of good sci-fi and/or horror hows though.

The best, IMO, being the most recent run of Battlestar Gallactica.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is also a favorite of mind (and millions of others). My wife got me into when we first started dating. The first season is campy but then it becomes pretty great.

The X-Files is an obvious sci-fi/horror classic. One of the best series' ever made.

Black Mirror on Netflix is incredibe.

Firefly is a cult classic sci-fi series that is just awesome.

I'd mention Stranger Things but you've already let me down there lol.

True Blood was a great series for the most part. Bates Motel was very good.

Twin Peaks is super bizarre and not for everyone but I enjoyed it.

There's a lot out there..
Never seen any of those, except Stranger Things and Black Mirror... but if I tell you my opinion on that I'll just get yelled at again. :laugh:

I've heard of all the rest, but never watched any.

Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Also James May The Reassembler on YouTube :laugh:

I'll watch any James May show.

There's a one-off show where he travels about with an actual Expert Of Food And Culture And Stuff that's great. On Top Gear, he seems like the cultured one compared to the other two. Compare him to a real Cultured Person and it's quickly clear he's a normal buffoon :laugh:

Reactions: HokieDude17

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I'll watch any James May show.

There's a one-off show where he travels about with an actual Expert Of Food And Culture And Stuff that's great. On Top Gear, he seems like the cultured one compared to the other two. Compare him to a real Cultured Person and it's quickly clear he's a normal buffoon :laugh:

Is that the show where the "other guy" says stuff like "This is a merlot... a.. Marilyn Merlot" or "It all looks good but then you put the carburator into gear"? There is a highly condensed version of that on YouTube, I always watch that when I want a good laugh. Wish I could find it right now. (edit: found it, the account was terminated...) At least there is this:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Is that the show where the "other guy" says stuff like "This is a merlot... a.. Marilyn Merlot" or "It all looks good but then you put the carburator into gear"? There is a highly condensed version of that on YouTube, I always watch that when I want a good laugh. Wish I could find it right now. (edit: found it, the account was terminated...) At least there is this:

It's Oz and James' something-or-other. It's fantastically hilarious to see him go from the dignified host of Top Gear to the Jeremy Clarkson of another show.

Reactions: kudymen

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Its torture seeing all these commercials for the last jedi when I wont be able to see it until at least the 20th. Have to wait until my friends get home for christmas. I dont know how I will avoid spoilers other than living like a caveman.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Its torture seeing all these commercials for the last jedi when I wont be able to see it until at least the 20th. Have to wait until my friends get home for christmas. I dont know how I will avoid spoilers other than living like a caveman.
I just spent 10 minutes adding every Star Wars related word I could think of on to my Twitter mute list.

If there's any major Luke Schenn news I'm gonna miss it. :laugh:

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Cash Cab is back? Watched a couple episodes of it this week, they just need to bring back the show where they break into houses and im set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad