OT: 60th Obsequious Banter Thread: Some Guy Named Nate Raduns

Status
Not open for further replies.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
I'll watch any James May show.

There's a one-off show where he travels about with an actual Expert Of Food And Culture And Stuff that's great. On Top Gear, he seems like the cultured one compared to the other two. Compare him to a real Cultured Person and it's quickly clear he's a normal buffoon :laugh:

Have you seen any of his Man Lab shows?

+1 for Oz and James, all three series are solid gold.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Any Arizona people here? I'm legitimately thinking about transferring from the east coast to the Scottsdale area. I went out there last year and just fell in love with the place. I've done absolutely no background on this potential move, but any insight from a Phoenix/Scottsdale local would be great.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Any Arizona people here? I'm legitimately thinking about transferring from the east coast to the Scottsdale area. I went out there last year and just fell in love with the place. I've done absolutely no background on this potential move, but any insight from a Phoenix/Scottsdale local would be great.
I've dealt with a few people from that area that moved up the mountains near the poconos saying there is no work back home. They were all in the trucking industry but they said their wives couldn't find work either. I'm not sure what they did.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Canadian researchers came up with a way to triple capacity of electric batteries. Seems that just like electric cars were a joke not so long ago, in some 5 years they very well make combustion engine a joke.

Reactions: Rebels57

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Canadian researchers came up with a way to triple capacity of electric batteries. Seems that just like electric cars were a joke not so long ago, in some 5 years they very well make combustion engine a joke.

Can't wait. I picked up a Chevy Volt in May and I love it. My daily commute is short so I usually get 2 to 3 days off of the 50ish miles I get per charge. Each charge costs about a $1 and I get mileage reimbursement from my job, so I've actually been making money while driving. I can't make it to the beach on a single charge so I end up burning around 25 miles of gas per trip. Tripling that battery to hold 150 miles per charge with the back up gas for longer trips would be perfect.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Can't wait. I picked up a Chevy Volt in May and I love it. My daily commute is short so I usually get 2 to 3 days off of the 50ish miles I get per charge. Each charge costs about a $1 and I get mileage reimbursement from my job, so I've actually been making money while driving. I can't make it to the beach on a single charge so I end up burning around 25 miles of gas per trip. Tripling that battery to hold 150 miles per charge with the back up gas for longer trips would be perfect.
Three times more efficient batteries, AI design, carbon fibers and who knows what will make cars a whole lot lighter and give them even more range.

Last edited:

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

The best I can say is be prepared for heat. It averages about 105 degrees in June and July.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You go to Arizona and suddenly...

hqdefault.jpg

Edit- it occurred to me that most on here probably didn't watch Spongebob when they were kids so they wouldn't get this one... I'm an idiot...

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Switching my cell service to xfinity. I hate comcast, but their pricing was too nice to pass up. I like Verizon's service, but for what we were getting and paying, comcat uses the same cell towers and their phones automatically switch to a hotspot when near one. Oh and $12 a gig is awesome (if you go over 4 gigs, switching to unlimited is cheaper at $45).

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Switching my cell service to xfinity. I hate comcast, but their pricing was too nice to pass up. I like Verizon's service, but for what we were getting and paying, comcat uses the same cell towers and their phones automatically switch to a hotspot when near one. Oh and $12 a gig is awesome (if you go over 4 gigs, switching to unlimited is cheaper at $45).

Was thinking about doing this as well, so do you pay for voice as well as data?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Was thinking about doing this as well, so do you pay for voice as well as data?

There are no line fees up to 5 lines, and free unlimited voice, text (they also give you free 100mb of data but that's pretty useless haha). Literally only thing I am paying is:

Phone: $41.67/m (Iphone X)
Data: $12/gig or $45 unlimited
Taxes (usually around $4-$5)

This is times 2 for my wife is getting the same thing. She barely uses 2-3 gigs a month since shes on wifi 90% of the time. Some people have been really impressed with the hotspot usage since it's automatic and people said you dont even notice the switch (you can turn it off if you want to). You can also switch between per gig and unlimited at anytime. So if I go over for that month I'll switch to unlimited and then following month back to per gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad