OT: 60th Obsequious Banter Thread: Some Guy Named Nate Raduns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have no idea what people are freaking out over.

The FCC repealing it was expected, it was their chairman who was leading this entire thing... what did you expect?

The entire "fight for Net Neutrality" movement was to stop it from moving forward past this point.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The fight for Net Neutrality is never over after the first step. Even after the 2nd or the 3rd, it will still be fought for and definitely should be. The next stop is for Congress, where it has stopped twice before and it can be stopped again. Plus on top of that, all the lawsuits against the FCC for this decision and then even putting state level net neutrality into place to counteract the FCC's bullshit. The fight is never over, but it's always one worth fighting for.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have no idea what people are freaking out over.

The FCC repealing it was expected, it was their chairman who was leading this entire thing... what did you expect?

The entire "fight for Net Neutrality" movement was to stop it from moving forward past this point.

The noise is good. We need it. We need more of it. It's the only way Congress might do the right thing because otherwise they don't care. They are bought and paid for by lobbyists, including ones from the telecom industry.

83% of Americans support Net Neutrality. The other 17% probably don't even know what the f*** it means.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Oh there are many reasons, to panic, especially considering how our current Congress has been.

There HAS been a few Republicans that have come out against it and I expect 100% of Democrats to be against it so we do still have a chance.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh there are many reasons, to panic, especially considering how our current Congress has been.
Panicking is never a good idea.

You either have the power to effect events or you don't.

If you do, then don't panic and do something about it.

If you don't, then panicking still doesn't help. Stay calm and think of the best way to react.

All it does is make people react poorly. Have you ever heard of anyone saying that they wish they had panicked harder? Because I can think of a hundred examples of people wishing they had stayed calm and handled things better.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Panicking is never a good idea.

You either have the power to effect events or you don't.

If you do, then don't panic and do something about it.

If you don't, then panicking still doesn't help. Stay calm and think of the best way to react.

All it does is make people react poorly. Have you ever heard of anyone saying that they wish they had panicked harder? Because I can think of a hundred examples of people wishing they had stayed calm and handled things better.

People have been protesting, signing petitions, spreading the word on social media, calling congress for weeks..and they will continue to do so. It's not empty panicking. It's active outrage.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
The internet is both essential to function in all aspects modern society and placate the masses with the modern version of "bread and circuses". Anyone stupid enough to try to take that away is going to be the target of a furious populace.

Reactions: Rebels57 and mmvvpp

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
People have been protesting, signing petitions, spreading the word on social media, calling congress for weeks..and they will continue to do so. It's not empty panicking. It's active outrage.
What you just listed isnt the panic Im talking about. It's exactly what I said people should do instead of panic...

This is what I mean...
cnn_screenshot_121417.jpg

"The end of the internet as we know it"
A panicky and misleading headline.

And the scary part is this isn't just one random person, it's a major news source. How many people are uninformed/misinformed about this situation and will simply read that, do no further research so they won't realize it isn't over yet, panic, and then spread more misinformation on social media? I'm seeing it all over Twitter and reddit. There's some people pointing out it still has to make it past congress, but those people won't get the attention of every person who saw the headlines all over the place and lost their shit.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What you just listed isnt the panic Im talking about. It's exactly what I said people should do instead of panic...

This is what I mean...
cnn_screenshot_121417.jpg

"The end of the internet as we know it"
A panicky and misleading headline.

And the scary part is this isn't just one random person, it's a major news source. How many people are uninformed/misinformed about this situation and will simply read that, do no further research so they won't realize it isn't over yet, panic, and then spread more misinformation on social media? I'm seeing it all over Twitter and reddit. There's some people pointing out it still has to make it past congress, but those people won't get the attention of every person who saw the headlines all over the place and lost their ****.

Fair enough. I get you.

Reactions: Striiker

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Ok Gents, i need your help because i feel like i'm losing my mind:

Back in July i fell for a girl, we went on a date and she told me she wanted to continue to see me, but other people as well. i put an end to it because I knew it would end poorly for me. We stopped talking because i really felt like she misled me, and i wanted to move on.

We lose a mutual friend to suicide in October, so we reconnect. A few weeks later I verify that we are just friends, and she says that we are (cool, works for me!) We finally start hanging out again, and she starts talking about how much fun she's having (at this point i'm seeing someone else, but she doesn't know about it).

2 weeks ago, i meet her best friend, and her best friend drunkenly tells me that she's crazy about me.

So, i bring it up to her. She tells me that she's never been able to reconcile her feelings for me because I put too much pressure on it (i disagree, but i'll accept that). Her words are "do i see you differently than other people? yes. Am i curious about it? Yes. But i've never had a chance to figure it out without feeling like I have to recoil."

So i tell her that we're just going to be friends. Things go well for a few days where it seems like a legitimate friendship, but she texts me ALL day. She has told me that she is a text whore and texts everyone all day, though, so I don't read into it.

We hang out and I make a joke about liking her better when she's drunk because she actually "likes me then." She said "i like you all the time."

Two nights ago she is referring to me as love, and baby. So i ask her if she's drunk and she says no. I end the conversation there.

The last few days she's been talking to me about her ex coming back in her life and some other guy that's really into her. And i'm really trying to back away and not respond to her as often, but she'll message me when i don't respond.

its kind of driving me up the wall, because I want to preserve the friendship, and i'm obviously in love with her, but I don't feel like she's allowing me to.

Its been a struggle because i DO love talking to her all day. Its fun for me.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
CNN has been reporting tabloid like reporting for a few years now. They have either been using incredibly misleading titles, opinion pieces presented to appear like fact, flat out lies and or fabricated information.
When they knowingly lie, the next day they bury the correction.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Back in July i fell for a girl, we went on a date and she told me she wanted to continue to see me, but other people as well. i put an end to it because I knew it would end poorly for me. We stopped talking because i really felt like she misled me, and i wanted to move on.

We lose a mutual friend to suicide in October, so we reconnect. A few weeks later I verify that we are just friends, and she says that we are (cool, works for me!) We finally start hanging out again, and she starts talking about how much fun she's having (at this point i'm seeing someone else, but she doesn't know about it).

2 weeks ago, i meet her best friend, and her best friend drunkenly tells me that she's crazy about me.

So, i bring it up to her. She tells me that she's never been able to reconcile her feelings for me because I put too much pressure on it (i disagree, but i'll accept that). Her words are "do i see you differently than other people? yes. Am i curious about it? Yes. But i've never had a chance to figure it out without feeling like I have to recoil."

So i tell her that we're just going to be friends. Things go well for a few days where it seems like a legitimate friendship, but she texts me ALL day. She has told me that she is a text ****e and texts everyone all day, though, so I don't read into it.

We hang out and I make a joke about liking her better when she's drunk because she actually "likes me then." She said "i like you all the time."

Two nights ago she is referring to me as love, and baby. So i ask her if she's drunk and she says no. I end the conversation there.

The last few days she's been talking to me about her ex coming back in her life and some other guy that's really into her. And i'm really trying to back away and not respond to her as often, but she'll message me when i don't respond.

its kind of driving me up the wall, because I want to preserve the friendship, and i'm obviously in love with her, but I don't feel like she's allowing me to.

All I've got is "good luck."

She seems VERY confused and you're roped in.

Reactions: SnS and Defect

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Internet service has become an essential utility for every American and should be regulated as such. But hey, as long as the ISP's are getting their lobbyists into big boy chairs at the FCC, this is the kind of shit the general public will have to deal with.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

So i tell her that we're just going to be friends. Things go well for a few days where it seems like a legitimate friendship, but she texts me ALL day. She has told me that she is a text ****e and texts everyone all day, though, so I don't read into it.

You two need to bang it out :laugh:

Reactions: SnS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad