OT: 60th Obsequious Banter Thread: Some Guy Named Nate Raduns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Has anyone gotten into that show Dark on Netflix yet? It's a German sci-fi drama/thriller that you can either watch dubbed or with subtitles. Best way I can describe it is a mash up of X-Files, Fringe, LOST, and Stranger Things. I watched the whole 10 episode season in like 4 days, it was fantastic. You really need to pay attention to the characters throughout as there is some deep intertwining, but it's totally worth it. Definitely recommend it to anyone who was into those other shows I mentioned. It's a mind-melter.

Reactions: Rebels57

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Was able to catch up on some tv and movies yesterday.

Finished Ozark, which was really good. The finale had some really uncomfortable moments that made me not want to watch it but by the end of the episode i was ready for season 2.

Watched the Walking Dead Mid Season Finale also, I liked it but it was predictable except for the cliff hanger. I was still pissed off because they just did a big cliff hanger last season that lead to a drop in their ratings, yet they went and ended this mid season finale with another stupid cliff hanger.

Watched Logan which i thought was really good. The Wolverine character has always been one of my favorites.

Then Finally, watched The Wall with Matt Damon - what a crappy movie.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Has anyone gotten into that show Dark on Netflix yet? It's a German sci-fi drama/thriller that you can either watch dubbed or with subtitles. Best way I can describe it is a mash up of X-Files, Fringe, LOST, and Stranger Things. I watched the whole 10 episode season in like 4 days, it was fantastic. You really need to pay attention to the characters throughout as there is some deep intertwining, but it's totally worth it. Definitely recommend it to anyone who was into those other shows I mentioned. It's a mind-melter.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will definitely check this out.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Was able to catch up on some tv and movies yesterday.

Finished Ozark, which was really good. The finale had some really uncomfortable moments that made me not want to watch it but by the end of the episode i was ready for season 2.

Watched the Walking Dead Mid Season Finale also, I liked it but it was predictable except for the cliff hanger. I was still pissed off because they just did a big cliff hanger last season that lead to a drop in their ratings, yet they went and ended this mid season finale with another stupid cliff hanger.

Watched Logan which i thought was really good. The Wolverine character has always been one of my favorites.

Then Finally, watched The Wall with Matt Damon - what a crappy movie.

The quality of The Walking Dead has plummeted dramatically. I'm 5 episodes behind now because I can't bring myself to watch it.

Logan was one of the best movies of 2017.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I literally could not get past the first 2 episodes of the 2nd season of the Walking Dead. Holy f*** boring. Also, goddamn has Brooklyn Nine Nine been amazing this season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I literally could not get past the first 2 episodes of the 2nd season of the Walking Dead. Holy **** boring. Also, goddamn has Brooklyn Nine Nine been amazing this season.

The Walking Dead really did only have 1 great season, the first one. Season 2 and 3 suck, then they get a bit better, and now it sucks again.

Brooklyn Nine Nine cracks me up

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Brooklyn Nine Nine might be one of the few comedies I keep up with every week. South Park is there and so is You're the Worst. The only other things that are comedy related are John Oliver and Adam Ruins Everything.

I tried to get into the 5th season of The Blacklist and I think I'm entirely done with the show, on the verge of not caring, even though I liked how the last season ended. I still need to finish watching the latest season of iZombie.

Holy shit has Mr. Robot been good though :).

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Brooklyn Nine Nine might be one of the few comedies I keep up with every week. South Park is there and so is You're the Worst. The only other things that are comedy related are John Oliver and Adam Ruins Everything.

I tried to get into the 5th season of The Blacklist and I think I'm entirely done with the show, on the verge of not caring, even though I liked how the last season ended. I still need to finish watching the latest season of iZombie.

Holy **** has Mr. Robot been good though :).

I gave up on The Blacklist like 5 episodes into Season 2 lol

Hell yes on Mr. Robot. I'm giddy each time I start a new episode.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What the he'll is net neutrality?

"Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers must treat all data on the Internet the same, and not discriminate or charge differently by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or method of communication.[2] For instance, under these principles, internet service providers are unable to intentionally block, slow down or charge money for specific websites and online content."

If Trumps FCC cronie is allowed to repeal this, the internet will never be the same. It will be forever worse.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
"Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers must treat all data on the Internet the same, and not discriminate or charge differently by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or method of communication.[2] For instance, under these principles, internet service providers are unable to intentionally block, slow down or charge money for specific websites and online content."

If Trumps FCC cronie is allowed to repeal this, the internet will never be the same. It will be forever worse.
Yeah but why are people so hellbent about it, celebrities tweeting and so on. Isn't it just something to block illegal streaming services and such?

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah but why are people so hellbent about it, celebrities tweeting and such. Isn't it just something to block illegal streaming services and such?

Lol, did you even read what I just posted?

It has nothing to do with that. ISPs can and do already block illegal streaming services. They just pop back up on different servers with different domain names because people are clever.

It has to do with Internet Service Providers having the ability to charge you more monthly for specific websites and content, much like cable companies do with premium channels, while at the same time being able throttle the speeds of competitors like Netflix.

Imagine having to pick a "package" of internet content that you pay for rather than having complete access to the entire internet like we do now..

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Not only can they throttle your connections on a whim, they can also give out tier internet services. This image is an actual image from a Portugal ISP (where there are no net neutrality laws):

CAGvtJj.jpg

That is the kind of horrifying shit that this can become. They will make you pay extra each month to even have access to shit like this. So yes, you and everyone else in this f***ing country should be hellbent on making sure we still have net neutrality. Not only that, the bill they are trying to pass will make it extremely hard to bring net neutrality back.

So yeah, don't just hand wave this shit.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The cost of preferred tunneling is going to be passed to consumers whether it's from the telecom end or the commercial front. Basically, it's going to cost you significant money and stifle smaller e-commerce. And no, there is not a significant chance you won't be one of the people impacted if you live in the US.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
"
Open Internet

Under an "open Internet" schema, the full resources of the Internet and means to operate on it should be easily accessible to all individuals, companies, and organizations.[18] Applicable concepts include: net neutrality, open standards, transparency, lack of Internet censorship, and low barriers to entry. The concept of the open Internet is sometimes expressed as an expectation of decentralized technological power, and is seen by some observers as closely related to open-source software, a type of software program whose maker allows users access to the code that runs the program, so that users can improve the software or fix bugs.[19]
Proponents of net neutrality see this as an important component of an "open Internet", wherein policies such as equal treatment of data and open web standards allow those using the Internet to easily communicate, and conduct business and activities without interference from a third party.[20] In contrast, a "closed Internet" refers to the opposite situation, wherein established persons, corporations, or governments favor certain uses, restrict access to necessary web standards, artificially degrade some services, or explicitly filter out content. Some countries[which?] block certain websites or types of sites, and monitor and/or censor Internet use using Internet police, a specialized type of law enforcement, or secret police.[citation needed]"

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not only can they throttle your connections on a whim, they can also give out tier internet services. This image is an actual image from a Portugal ISP (where there are no net neutrality laws):

CAGvtJj.jpg

That is the kind of horrifying **** that this can become. They will make you pay extra each month to even have access to **** like this. So yes, you and everyone else in this ****ing country should be hellbent on making sure we still have net neutrality. Not only that, the bill they are trying to pass will make it extremely hard to bring net neutrality back.

So yeah, don't just hand wave this ****.

It's an absolutely massive issue for anyone that uses the internet in any capacity.

Just another reason for me to hate that scumf*** slug Trump.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Think of it this way, do you like being on HFBoards and other forums? Do you like going to YouTube and watching videos, regardless of what quality you watch them at? Do you like having easy access to places like GMail and Facebook and even eBay? Well, when net neutrality is fully gone, you can bet you'd have to pay your ISP to have access to these sites, and they would more than likely be in different packages for different tiers.

What's worse is that even though there is so much pushing back against the bullshit that Ajit Pai is doing, even with massive and major companies saying they support net neutrality, he's just going to completely ignore any of it. Not to mention the possible 100's of thousands of fake responses that apparently were in support for the repeal coming from outside sources (e.g. Russia), where Ajit Pai was siting these as to why he should keep doing what he's doing, yet he would ignore the millions of other complaints going through their system. Hell, they even made it harder this year to even f***ing complain about this whole issue. Even a Republican Senator came out against what Pai is doing. Hell, even someone else that is high up in the FCC told people to stop the FCC from doing this. That's how f***ed this entire scenario is.

The fact that the real complaints are being completely ignored is f***ing sickening and frightening. In all honesty, if this passes, I hope that Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Apple shutdown all their services until this is completely overturned. However, I do believe if they pass it, it will immediately go to court, hopefully shooting down this entire vote and bill.

So yeah, that's my 2 cents.

Also, this was my 40,000th post. So f*** yeah :).

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

CAGvtJj.jpg

That is the kind of horrifying **** that this can become. They will make you pay extra each month to even have access to **** like this. So yes, you and everyone else in this ****ing country should be hellbent on making sure we still have net neutrality. Not only that, the bill they are trying to pass will make it extremely hard to bring net neutrality back.

So yeah, don't just hand wave this ****.

It's an absolutely massive issue for anyone that uses the internet in any capacity.

Just another reason for me to hate that scum**** slug Trump.

Good news about the portugal pic is that you would have to pay 5 EUR a month to even read Trumps tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad