Prospect Info: 5th Overall Pick 2020: Who Do The Sens Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well we know at least 1 team had Hayton over Zadina.. Hughes would have been over Zadina on some lists . Likely the same with a few others.

Who's it going to be at 5 was a question. Hayton, Zadina, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, Boqvist Wahlstrom ... all it takes is that team to have a player ranked higher. Bob McKenzie's final 2018 , 5/10 scouts had Zadina outside the top 5 (the smart ones).
image.png
Dobson was the top guy from the Q on a lot of lists by the end of the year from what I could gather, compared to almost unanimously Zadina in November

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well we know at least 1 team had Hayton over Zadina.. Hughes would have been over Zadina on some lists . Likely the same with a few others.

Who's it going to be at 5 was a question. Hayton, Zadina, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, Boqvist Wahlstrom ... all it takes is that team to have a player ranked higher. Bob McKenzie's final 2018 , 5/10 scouts had Zadina outside the top 5 (the smart ones).
image.png

I would like to see this year’s draft version. :)

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

That's a pretty different list....going for shock value I'd gues

Maybe, but to be fair, he did say this before making his list:

"This is not intended to mock up what the selections will eventually be this… fall?. This is how I perceive the player today in conjunction with how I believe they will progress and develop. It’s projection over current product."

Which in retrospect is an odd excuse because the entire draft is generally based on how good the player will be later on, and not just now. Is this guy supposed to be a reliable opinion on the draft, has he ever been right in previous years? Does he really think Rossi and Holtz are going to be better than Stutzle?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

"This is not intended to mock up what the selections will eventually be this… fall?. This is how I perceive the player today in conjunction with how I believe they will progress and develop. It’s projection over current product."

Which in retrospect is an odd excuse because the entire draft is generally based on how good the player will be later on, and not just now. Is this guy supposed to be a reliable opinion on the draft, has he ever been right in previous years? Does he really think Rossi and Holtz are going to be better than Stutzle?
He's in that Stutzle is overrated crowd. He was part of that group video from EliteProspects doing their ranking that was posted here a bit back. Also has Byfield at 1... it is what it is .. There are many out there to agree with or disagree with. I am not selling the ranking .. just sharing it. When people evaluate and project players they see different things .. same goes for scouts. Its always good to have some different perspectives but if you want to go by a single ranking to help form your opinion I would suggest McKenzie's noting how close they are in that 5,6,7,8 grouping.

ijif

Dec 20, 2018

It is not an excuse. He is saying it is his ranking (what he believes), not a mock draft (what he believes NHL teams will do).

I can't comment on if he has been correct before when going off the board or if he is just doing it for shock value. He has 2017-19 NHL draft rankings, so you could look at those. He might have earlier years, but I did not see any with a quick search.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Last 2 years didn't seem nearly as out there...

1Jack HughesRasmus Dahlin
2Kaapo KakkoAndrei Svechnikov
3Alex TurcotteQuinn Hughes
4Bowen ByramFilip Zadina
5Trevor ZegrasOliver Wahlstrom
6Alex NewhookNoah Dobson
7Peyton KrebsJesperi Kotkaniemi
8Vasili PodkolzinAdam Boqvist
9Dylan CozensBrady Tkachuk
10Kirby DachJoel Farabee
11Matthew BoldyDominik Bokk
12Cole CaufieldTy Smith
13Mortiz SeiderRasmus Kupari
14Victor SoderstromJonatan Berggren
15Phillip TomasinoEvan Bouchard
16Thomas HarleyVitali Kravtsov
17Cam YorkGrigori Denisenko
18Ville HenolaBarrett Hayton
19Philip BrobergJake Wise
20Spencer KnightIsac Lundestrom
21Arthur KaliyevJoe Veleno
22Pavel DorofeyevMartin Kaut
23Nicholas RobertsonK'Andre Miller
24Ryan SuzukiNils Lundkvist
25Bobby BrinkJay O'Brien
26Nils HoglanderAkil Thomas
27Patrik PuistolaTy Dellandrea
28Samuel PoulinSerron Noel
29Vladislav KolyachonokJonny Tychonick
30John BeecherBode Wilde
31Matthew RobertsonRyan Merkley
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: TheDebater

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would like to see this year’s draft version. :)
could not find one from eotp but I found one from back in April.. and the sources date ahead of that so take it for what you will

pubchart.0.png

2020 Consolidated Draft Rankings: The Rankings (1/3)
2020 Consolidated Draft Rankings: The First Pick (2/3) -- he has a little blurb on the top 10

I am sure there are other ones but I know you like the pictures :laugh:

Why not throw in a plug for Rossi... I wonder if he still feels that way.
Marco Rossi - C - 6.58
The first player we’re talking about that is available at 4th in all services that I ranked. He also has a fairly small deviation in his rankings, which is a surprise given the type of player he is. He’s also only ranked outside of the top 9 once in 26 rankings, where he was ranked 10th.
Again, I don’t want any of these to turn into scouting reports, but I do want to mention that I am all in for taking Rossi if Lafreniere and Byfield aren’t available. I have him as a strong 3rd and very little that I’ve seen in my own viewings to justify putting him any lower. If there’s any player in this top range that’s underrated it’s Marco Rossi.

Reactions: Cosmix

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
It is not an excuse. He is saying it is his ranking (what he believes), not a mock draft (what he believes NHL teams will do).

I can't comment on if he has been correct before when going off the board or if he is just doing it for shock value. He has 2017-19 NHL draft rankings, so you could look at those. He might have earlier years, but I did not see any with a quick search.

The reason I call it "an excuse" is that justifying his rankings as "based on my projections of these players" is very redundant. Is that not what all so called experts base their final draft rankings on?

Are you telling me a guy like Mackenzie simply creates his final rankings based on how good a player is right now? If that were the case, Corey Locke would have gone first overall in 2005.

I am pretty confident most G.M's and scouts make their lists based on which players will be the best in the future and not just right now.

He can rank them however he wants at the end of the day it is an opinion, so I am not here to bash his opinion, I am simply nit-picking his choice of justifying his odd rankings based on "future projections".

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The reason I call it "an excuse" is that justifying his rankings as "based on my projections of these players" is very redundant. Is that not what all so called experts base their final draft rankings on?

Are you telling me a guy like Mackenzie simply creates his final rankings based on how good a player is right now? If that were the case, Corey Locke would have gone first overall in 2005.

I am pretty confident most G.M's and scouts make their lists based on which players will be the best in the future and not just right now.

He can rank them however he wants at the end of the day it is an opinion, so I am not here to bash his opinion, I am simply nit-picking his choice of justifying his odd rankings based on "future projections".
MkKenzie consolidates 10 NHL team scouts rankings , they are not his own.
So what if he used something you consider redundant to describe what he did. Noise

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
I dont know it seems most of us would be happy with anyone of Drysdale Rossi Raymond Sanderson or Perfetti. To a lesser extent Quinn and Lundell too.

A lot of good options, everybody has preferences but that doesnt mean you dislike the other players.

Wish we knew the Sens top 5.. at least 3 is easy with Byfield/Stutzle lol

Rossi?

ijif

Dec 20, 2018

Sure, it is redundant, but he is likely trying to make clear to his readers that it is his ranking, not a mock draft.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
My baseless guess of the Sens projected top 12 draft list:

Laf
By
Stutz
Rossi
Sanderson
Drysdale
Quinn
Perfetti
Raymond
Holtz
Lundell
Askarov

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Perfetti-Byfield-Duclair
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson

That’s a pretty sick top 6... and excluding the Isles 1st/Formenton/Pinto/White/L.Brown/C.Brown/Paul/Balcers/Chlapik/Davidsson/Abramov etc etc

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
could not find one from eotp but I found one from back in April.. and the sources date ahead of that so take it for what you will

pubchart.0.png

2020 Consolidated Draft Rankings: The Rankings (1/3)
2020 Consolidated Draft Rankings: The First Pick (2/3) -- he has a little blurb on the top 10

I am sure there are other ones but I know you like the pictures :laugh:

Why not throw in a plug for Rossi... I wonder if he still feels that way.
Marco Rossi - C - 6.58
The first player we’re talking about that is available at 4th in all services that I ranked. He also has a fairly small deviation in his rankings, which is a surprise given the type of player he is. He’s also only ranked outside of the top 9 once in 26 rankings, where he was ranked 10th.
Again, I don’t want any of these to turn into scouting reports, but I do want to mention that I am all in for taking Rossi if Lafreniere and Byfield aren’t available. I have him as a strong 3rd and very little that I’ve seen in my own viewings to justify putting him any lower. If there’s any player in this top range that’s underrated it’s Marco Rossi.

Thanks for that. I do like pics! :)

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
I doubt they have Rossi that high. Raymond would be higher than Quinn too. Just guessing

Not sure, Rossi oozes character and we know how much this team values it, to a fault sometimes.. Sanderson is another known for his leadership and dedication and being a great locker room guy.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Not sure, Rossi oozes character and we know how much this team values it, to a fault sometimes.. Sanderson is another known for his leadership and dedication and being a great locker room guy.
Rossi is also small which they never draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad