Post-Game Talk: #5 | Capitals 2 at FLYERS 8| Sat. Oct. 14, 7:00 pm ET

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
I know, but how is that the best part of an 8-2 win over a division rival? :laugh:
I was there. It was the worst part of the night. He wasn't the only one booed. Pretty classless for the home opener for a team that had a reasonably successful road trip to start the year if you ask me. The announcer actually messed up and first called MacDonald "Captain" then corrected to alternate. I was actually a little embarrassed as one of the four of us was with a Caps fan.

PS. I like the ice girls new outfits. The boards and glass are new. Some upgrades to the concourse were good. The "Ref you suck" chant was in mid season form.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
@Umphreys Mcgee I hate MacDonald being on this team as much as the next guy and I have no problem with booing him if that's what it takes to let management know the fans that pay the salaries of the entire organization are fed up with having him around, but if you really felt that was the best part of an 8-2 drubbing over the Capitals than you're priorities need to be re-aligned. I'm guessing you are just f***ing around though.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Explain why Ghost and Neck

sdrbmHj.jpeg

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I was listening to the post game show on the radio and they reran an interview with Hextall. Found it interesting how Hextall said it was easy to have the conversation with Lindblom about sending him down but the conversation with Read was hard

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I was listening to the post game show on the radio and they reran an interview with Hextall. Found it interesting how Hextall said it was easy to have the conversation with Lindblom about sending him down but the conversation with Read was hard

With Lindblom, they both know he'll be back for a long time, this is just a hiccup. So it was probably more like "kid, just keep plugging, you belong in the NHL and when you're ready, you won't have to look back."

With Read, Hextall was signaling the end of the career of a player who always paid his dues, and for whom Hextall probably has a lot of respect and maybe some affection. As a former player, he knows the pain of acknowledging that the dream you've had for a lifetime is coming to an end.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The announced MacDonald as an alternate captain in the intros and was boo d by a good 70% of the crowd. It was great.

No, it was classless, reinforcing the perception of Philly fans as troglodytes.
MacDonald isn't to blame for Holmgren's stupidity, would you turn down the money?
He works hard, he blocks a lot of shots, he doesn't dog, you can blame a player for lack of effort but lack of talent?
It's one thing to have muted cheers (no one who excites the fans), but booing?

Hurricane28

Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
MacDonald isn't to blame for Holmgren's stupidity, would you turn down the money?
He works hard, he blocks a lot of shots, he doesn't dog, you can blame a player for lack of effort but lack of talent?

Sure he is overpaid, and thats not his fault, but that doesn't change the fact that his performance here has been subpar, and in Philadelphia if your performance isn't good enough, you're going to be booed.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No, real Philadelphia fans always booed lack of effort, the one thing a real fan can't stand is a highly paid player dogging it.
Another example of the decline of Western civilization.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Umphreys Mcgee I hate MacDonald being on this team as much as the next guy and I have no problem with booing him if that's what it takes to let management know the fans that pay the salaries of the entire organization are fed up with having him around, but if you really felt that was the best part of an 8-2 drubbing over the Capitals than you're priorities need to be re-aligned. I'm guessing you are just ****ing around though.
I'm sure Hextall is aware of the fans hate of MacDonald without the crowd booing the guy when his name is announced.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Be prepared for a 5 page response full of pure ****....really ****ing annoying at this point and how its not considered trolling?

Well if you're unwilling to hear any other opinion, than yeah of course you'd consider it border-line trolling.

There's real logic to that decision, from my POV. I'm not saying it's correct of him, but I can see the logic of that kind of management.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And now I'm agreeing with Deadhead...

See what you monsters make me do?

Hurricane28

Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I didn't boo, I never boo the Flyers cause I love this team, I actually hate Manning more than MacDonald, but I understand why the fans do it. However there was so much more fun things with that game, I can honestly say that was the most fun game Ive been to in probably years

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Let me be clear, I'm not saying nobody should boo or yell or get rowdy.

If someone takes a bad penalty, if the refs make an awful call, if someone f***s up and hurts the team, if someone is being lazy, if the entire team is playing bad, or any other on-ice situation causes the fans to be justifiably pissed off, then boo until you collapse.

But don't boo a Flyers players introduction, no matter who it is or how bad they are. MacDonald has never done anything to earn the fans disrespect. No matter what you think of him and his level of skill, he's never been lazy, never complained, never disrespected the fans, or anything else. He didn't offer himself that contract, nor did he put himself on the top pair. Nothing you hate him for is his fault.

That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: GoneFullHextall

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
No, real Philadelphia fans always booed lack of effort, the one thing a real fan can't stand is a highly paid player dogging it.
Another example of the decline of Western civilization.

Yeah booing a player is the decline of western civilization. That might be the most outlandish thing I've ever seen on here.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Let me be clear, I'm not saying nobody should boo or yell or get rowdy.

If someone takes a bad penalty, if the refs make an awful call, if someone ****s up and hurts the team, if someone is being lazy, if the entire team is playing bad, or any other on-ice situation causes the fans to be justifiably pissed off, then boo until you collapse.

But don't boo a Flyers players introduction, no matter who it is or how bad they are. MacDonald has never done anything to earn the fans disrespect. No matter what you think of him and his level of skill, he's never been lazy, never complained, never disrespected the fans, or anything else. He didn't offer himself that contract, nor did he put himself on the top pair. Nothing you hate him for is his fault.

That's all I'm saying.

I mean, he was at Crosbys wedding. :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

So who should fans blame for AMac being on the top pairing?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad