Post-Game Talk: #5 | Capitals 2 at FLYERS 8| Sat. Oct. 14, 7:00 pm ET

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So who should fans blame for AMac being on the top pairing?

AeFVgEE.gif

Reactions: Embiid and Tripod

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I think seeing some of our own players get booed in our own building was more embarrassing than the ending of the Nashville game. It was truly pathetic.
Like them or not, you don't boo your own players during introductions. What kind of sports fans do that? You support the team, not just the players you like.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
To the people criticizing booing (and wooing as well) do you live in the Philly area?

We do it to everyone. Even good players. Youve got to be a rare breed, think statue worthy, to be above reproach here.

Macdonald is trash anyway so he deserved it

Reactions: Rebels57

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I remember in 1980 my Dad took me back up to Philly from here in Virginia to watch the Phillies in a weekend series. The first game Carlton pitched(awesome as always), and Mike Schmidt hit a three run blast in the bottom of the 4th. The crowd went ballistic. The next inning he booted an easy play at third base. The boos were relentless. The guy next to me yelled "Mike Sh**, you suck". Classic.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I remember in 1980 my Dad took me back up to Philly from here in Virginia to watch the Phillies in a weekend series. The first game Carlton pitched(awesome as always), and Mike Schmidt hit a three run blast in the bottom of the 4th. The crowd went ballistic. The next inning he booted an easy play at third base. The boos were relentless. The guy next to me yelled "Mike Sh**, you suck". Classic.

Mike Schmidt hit the baseball the hardest and farthest I have ever seen anything struck in my life, at Busch Stadium sometime in like the early-mid 80s - about nine rows from the top of the ****ing stadium in left field. The second hardest was when Jack Clark came to the country club where I caddied and teed off on the first hole - un****ingbelievable power.

Reactions: boxcar65

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The fans can't boo Hextall and Hakstol. But booing AMac when he touches the puck does show that you are not happy with him playing. It might not be AMacs fault, but Hex and Haks hear it too and at least know people are not happy.

Hey, if we had beat writers with a backbone, it would be brought up a lot more than it is.

Reality is, he is playing minutes he is not suited for. That's in Mgt. but him making glaring mistakes, swimming on the ice, chasing Ovi for no reason, that's on AMac.

Reactions: Rebels57

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
No, real Philadelphia fans always booed lack of effort, the one thing a real fan can't stand is a highly paid player dogging it.
Another example of the decline of Western civilization.

Real Philadelphia fans booed other things besides lack of effort. Lots of times. And I'm not talking about Santa Claus.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Mike Schmidt hit the baseball the hardest and farthest I have ever seen anything struck in my life, at Busch Stadium sometime in like the early-mid 80s - about nine rows from the top of the ****ing stadium in left field. The second hardest was when Jack Clark came to the country club where I caddied and teed off on the first hole - un****ingbelievable power.

Schmidt's famous moon shot off a speaker hanging from the roof of the Astrodome was pretty impressive too.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Booing during a game is far different than booing at the opening game introductions.

Heck, Philly fans boo EVERYTHING. That's part of the Philly "brotherly love" spirit.
If you have brothers, you know what I'm talking about.

Even the players understand the boos when they screw up, it's part of the passion that fans bring to games.
It does require a certain kind of player to handle this town, one reason I'm not worried about Wentz, for example.
Some guys thrive on it, some guys wilt.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Sure he is overpaid, and thats not his fault, but that doesn't change the fact that his performance here has been subpar, and in Philadelphia if your performance isn't good enough, you're going to be booed.
When Hak gets a big cheer and Macdonald gets boo’d, then you know ppl are just stupid.

I hate Macdonald. But I was barking at some fans during the game to stop booing him. It’s almost like they want him to fail.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
The fans can't boo Hextall and Hakstol. But booing AMac when he touches the puck does show that you are not happy with him playing. It might not be AMacs fault, but Hex and Haks hear it too and at least know people are not happy.

Hey, if we had beat writers with a backbone, it would be brought up a lot more than it is.

Reality is, he is playing minutes he is not suited for. That's in Mgt. but him making glaring mistakes, swimming on the ice, chasing Ovi for no reason, that's on AMac.
They had every chance to boo Hak during the intros. And they didn’t.

That’s what pisses me off the most personally. The ppl who boo’d Amac cheered for Hak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad