Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
452B489C-D37E-4F6A-85E8-1230112DCBEB-5492-00000299E82BEE1A.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That pinch by Severson on the tying goal, is exactly the kind of player he is. That pinch could have caused play to go the other way, send the Sens on a rush or breakaway and end up down by 2 again or Kinkaid making a save, which leads to another defensive zone draw and still down by one. Or he tries to go for a safe play there, and we don't tie the game on that shift or possibly at all. He's a high risk and high reward type player. Sometimes he'll make blatantly stupid play or lose his man on a goal or chance against, but many of his gaffes are due to the fact that he is a puck possession player and a play driver. His gaffes seem to stick out, but I'm very confident in saying he does much more good than negative.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I'm a bit baffled by all the Kincaid praise. He did great in relief tonight and has been a solid backup, but he hasn't proven to be anything beyond that.

Would be interesting to see him slowly eased into splitting the starts with Cory to try to get an idea of what he's got and if he truly is anything more than a backup.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Side note, incredibly stupid that we have our week off so early into the season. With how hot we are right now, this can really hurt going forward. Hynes needs to work the boys good.
This isn't our week off...

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm a bit baffled by all the Kincaid praise. He did great in relief tonight and has been a solid backup, but he hasn't proven to be anything beyond that.

Would be interesting to see him slowly eased into splitting the starts with Cory to try to get an idea of what he's got and if he truly is anything more than a backup.

He's 28 and has never put up the stats to make me think he's anything more than what he is, a ~20 game a year backup. Which is fine if Cory can start ~60 games a year.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Side note, incredibly stupid that we have our week off so early into the season. With how hot we are right now, this can really hurt going forward. Hynes needs to work the boys good.
This isn’t the bye week, so the team can still practice and hopefully Cory can recover from whatever ails him.

FrozenJeffFriesen03

Oct 3, 2017
Swamps of NJ
Can we at least agree that when Kink is on his game, his rebound control is stellar. Compared to Schneider, when he's on his game, his rebound control is st..... pedestrian...

You really can't argue those facts. It's night and day.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I think Kinkaid gets a lot of undeserved flak from people. He's a fine backup. Is he a starting goalie? No. Does he give you the best performance every night? No, he has consistency issues. But he's great for spot duty and the occasional start, which is all you can ask from your backup. He's rarely the reason we lose games.

Reactions: GameSeven

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I never expected this kind of start for this season. More impressive is the come from behind effort. There doesn't seem to be any quit with this team.
Hats off to the GM and coaching staff.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Little unsung hero moment and very underrated play from Greene last night, later on in the game 3ish on 1 and Greene hauled ass back from the neutral zone to thwart the shot Ottawa's guy was about to take.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Kovy has 17 goals and 28 points in 24 games this season.... and he's getting paid more there than he would have here. I'm sure he doesn't give a crap what's going on here right now.

Just thought I'd bold and enlarge the only part of that sentence that matters to Kovy.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

He's 28 and has never put up the stats to make me think he's anything more than what he is, a ~20 game a year backup. Which is fine if Cory can start ~60 games a year.

ehhh...lol. yes he has a smaller sample size than cory, but can you convince me cory is currently a better goalie than kinky using facts? i mean, i think cory is the better goalie, but i certainly couldn't prove that with recent stats.

2016:

CS: 60 GP, SV: .908, GAA: 2.82
KK: 26 GP, SV: .916, GAA: 2.64

2017:

CS: 6 GP, SV: .907, GAA: 3.3
KK: 2 GP, SV: .95, GAA: 1.48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad