Post-Game Talk: 5-4 Devils over Ottawa: Gimmie Moore Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I was also very impressed with Coleman. He really annoyed Karlsson

the colemans and gibbons equation is going to be very interesting when zajac and boyle are back. it's getting very hard to envision this team without those 2, and yet...there may not be space. im sure we'll have other injuries, but it's fun to think of the possibilities.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
There will be plenty of time before we see Zajac or Boyle so some of these guys will have their ups and downs. Definitely gotta admire the hustle and heart of Coleman and Gibbons though, that's buttery 4th line goodness.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
the colemans and gibbons equation is going to be very interesting when zajac and boyle are back. it's getting very hard to envision this team without those 2, and yet...there may not be space. im sure we'll have other injuries, but it's fun to think of the possibilities.

This might be why Bratt doesn’t stick all year. We can send him somewhere else without worry of waivers. Other guys don’t have that luxury.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Johansson-Zacha-Stafford
Henrique-Zajac-Bratt
Wood-Boyle-Gibbons

Hard to sit Coleman but IDK who else you take out.

Prout shouldn't be in, Mueller should be, Lovejoy should only be used sparingly.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Johansson-Zacha-Stafford
Henrique-Zajac-Bratt
Wood-Boyle-Gibbons

Prout shouldn't be in, Mueller should be, Lovejoy should only be used sparingly.

I might swap Zacha and Rico in that lineup if the Rico and PZ level of play remains what it is right now.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I'm surprised at how little talk there's been of Butcher's pass to Palmieiri. I'm not sure the Devils have ever had someone who could do that. Maybe Rafalski? The amazing part is that Butcher said he locked eyes with Palmieiri and knew exactly what he was going to do. Neither guy said anything. And then to execute a pass like that on the backhand. It's too bad Palms didn't score - would have been an incredible highlight.

Reactions: mtnet

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City

latest

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Good, there's any number of games where I think he'd be in the running but he was a man possessed last night fo sho

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Johansson-Zacha-Stafford
Henrique-Zajac-Bratt
Wood-Boyle-Gibbons

Noesen over Wood, he's a better and smarter player.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I'm surprised at how little talk there's been of Butcher's pass to Palmieiri. I'm not sure the Devils have ever had someone who could do that. Maybe Rafalski? The amazing part is that Butcher said he locked eyes with Palmieiri and knew exactly what he was going to do. Neither guy said anything. And then to execute a pass like that on the backhand. It's too bad Palms didn't score - would have been an incredible highlight.

Reactions: mtnet

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I used to be exactly like that too.

I used to like wrist watches, going to the library, using paper maps, and music stores too, but the world has moved on.

There's no place in the NHL for a slow, plodding, defenseman, who takes dumb penalties, and is a "2 Minutes for Roughing" time-bomb every time he steps on the ice. I really believe he's done.

Wrist watches are still cool.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That sucks you feel that way about it. As far as I'm concerned, 3-on-3 OT is now the most exciting thing in the regular season.

I don't really view it as normal ice hockey, it's more like pond hockey on a rink. I view as what ping pong is to tennis.

And it's getting worse and worse as guys now just intentionally skate the puck OUT of the zone until they get everything set up exactly the way they want. The shootout's horrible too, but both these things are designed to excite the casual fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->