GDT: 5/11/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
good 3rd period. bolts should carry the momentum to the next game and everything will be all right.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I feel like this is appropriate tonight.
m8shsF8.png

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
third period did nothing for me

it was 4-0 and the caps played to the score, when it got 4-2 TB could barely get any o-zone time when it mattered

Reactions: DFC

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Interesting how the Caps are the least penalized team with that much interference. I would plant a seed with the refs a la Babcock and the Bruins faceoffs.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
On to the next one. Hope they realize the conference finals have started now. I will be shocked if we don't see them come out flying in game 2.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
third period did nothing for me

it was 4-0 and the caps played to the score, when it got 4-2 TB could barely get any o-zone time when it mattered

Same thing I saw. They let off the gas, like we often do, but when they felt a bit of pressure they clamped down again.

This is gonna be tough. Cooper's gonna have to prove me wrong again.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Cooper definitely needs to ramp up the practice again like last round or else laying another egg at home could spell trouble. We were sloppy, 3 steps behind and its clear our game plan was so bad it looked like we didn't have one at all. The funny thing is, if Killorn takes Ovechkin and Kucherov doesn't lose his composure, maybe it's not such a gap. But alas, not being disciplined when it matters and hustling cost us. A ton of minor things in between but we really made it too easy on them and way too hard on ourselves.

On to Sunday!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cooper definitely needs to ramp up the practice again like last round or else laying another egg at home could spell trouble. We were sloppy, 3 steps behind and its clear our game plan was so bad it looked like we didn't have one at all. The funny thing is, if Killorn takes Ovechkin and Kucherov doesn't lose his composure, maybe it's not such a gap. But alas, not being disciplined when it matters and hustling cost us. A ton of minor things in between but we really made it too easy on them and way too hard on ourselves.

On to Sunday!

We had no answer whatsoever for that 1-3-1/1-4 they were pulling. They turned every player except Stamkos into Teddy Purcell.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
We’re not playing Columbus. Can’t fall behind 2-0 at home. I still think the Lightning win the series. But Sunday is a must win.

I really don’t follow how anyone feels otherwise
Just stop. I've lost track of the number of times this team has proven you wrong.

Reactions: Master P

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013

On to Sunday!
question I have why is Killorn t he choice to even check Ovi there

not exactly a shut down defender or shot blocker

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
We had no answer whatsoever for that 1-3-1/1-4 they were pulling. They turned every player except Stamkos into Teddy Purcell.
Edward was pretty good at picking through traffic. Please refrain from bringing Big Game Ted into this.

Thanks in advance

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

Lmao you bastard. That name should not be mentioned, especially during a playoff run. But yeah..we had no answer for that wall. Even if Cooper does make a change, if they continue to defend their zone like that I don't like our chances. They made it look too easy.

question I have why is Killorn t he choice to even check Ovi there

not exactly a shut down defender or shot blocker

Agreed. Not sure why the FACK he couldn't even step into the lane instead of twirling around out of the lane. That was a deflating moment. 40 minutes to go, no excuse to continue to lay down but that was a needle popping a balloon.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Our real problem here is not enough "an lowly catipals" talk happening on the main board. I can't do it all by myself. My mojo carried us this far but I need an little backup.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Edward was pretty good at picking through traffic. Please refrain from bringing Big Game Ted into this.

Thanks in advance

He skated through traffic into the most benign areas on the ice, effectively killing every zone entry. That's exactly what everybody on our team did today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad