Post-Game Talk: #47 - 01/20/18 | rangers @ avalanche | 3:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I guess this will be an AV bash fest instead of realizing Colorado got away with about 9 blatant penalties that went uncalled.

**** that team. Will be rooting against them.
*complains about AV being the easy scape goat to lazily explain this game

*blames the refs

Oh the irony

Reactions: Inferno

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Team isn't good enough. Coaches are terrible. Henrik is stellar.

This is looking very good for a late season tank. We have enough of a winning culture that we can tank hard and come back next year with a new group and a new coaching staff and play better.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Too many shifts taken off. Too many people riding the bus instead of driving, way way too many missed defensive assignments

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Henrik and the Nash-Zib-Buch line are the only positives from this game.

DeAngelo is better than Kampfer but AV will never acknowledge it because Kampfer is the safe player.

Kampfer once again leads to countless times of getting pinned in our own zone because he has zero skills at moving the puck or even stickhandling. Every time he’s out there you
can just give the other team scoring chances for free. He is so bad. He makes Girardi look like Nick Lidstrom.

Why is Holden out with the goalie pulled? Why not the talented RH shot defenseman DeAngelo? Why did AV change the forward line with 12 seconds left? Wtf was that? Why?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
FGsOVrU.jpg

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I honestly don’t know why we get into so many fights amongst ourselves defending this team. We argue about how Nash has lived up to his contract due to even strength GF/60. We argue about whether Smith or Kampfer is worse. We argue about whether AV is a good coach or not. We argue about whether we should sell our UFAs or re-sign Nash and Grabner. I mean, REALLY?? There’s people who can watch this team and think that we should bring them both back and ice the same freaking roster next year? There’s people who watch this team put Holden and Smith and Kampfer and Carey and Holland on the ice down by 1 goal with 1:20 left and don’t just want to decapitate this gum chewing jack wagon? It boggles my mind that we are not universally in agreement that AV needs to go and this team needs an overhaul. I’m not saying blow it up completely. But even if the players are better than AV’s system makes them look, the overall makeup of the roster isn’t adequate. It doesn’t mean the players are bad, but we need to change the coach and we need to change the lineup (and no, that’s not a knee jerk reaction to our injuries - when fully healthy, the makeup of the roster still has some significant deficiencies). Just my $.02.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Lundqvist

December .936 (5-3-2)
January .933 (4-3-0)

Essentially 9-8 over that stretch.

Lundqvist is 1st in the NHL in SV% since November 1st, and this team is dropping out of a playoff spot. When your goaltender is putting up those numbers, you need to play better than .500 hockey.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
J.T. Miller played 1455 with Kevin Hayes out of the lineup.

Zibanejad played under 18 mins. Nash and Buch also under 18 mins

This is assinine coaching.

The Zibenejad line was the only line that generated anything. They were creating genuine scoring chances. Not sure why they weren't out for the final 10 seconds.

If I see Buchnevic playing the way he did, give him 19-20 minutes. Avalanche had hard time stopping him.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Bit of a left field one; is there any chance AVs player usage is so strange because our fitness standards just aren't up to scratch and players either can't handle that workload or can't recover in time?

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
It just boils down to not moving the puck quickly enough from behind our net. We're too slow. Not fast to move the puck on the strong side so a lot of reverses. And reversing the puck is also slow. Moving the puck out of our zone has been especially disjointed and/or slow this year compared with recent years. When you don't move the puck out, you get pinned and puck management disintegrates.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It just boils down to not moving the puck quickly enough from behind our net. We're too slow. Not fast to move the puck on the strong side so a lot of reverses. And reversing the puck is also slow. Moving the puck out of our zone has been especially disjointed and/or slow this year compared with recent years. When you don't move the puck out, you get pinned and puck management disintegrates.

Is it motivational or is this team older and more injured ?

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
The Zibenejad line was the only line that generated anything. They were creating genuine scoring chances. Not sure why they weren't out for the final 10 seconds.

If I see Buchnevic playing the way he did, give him 19-20 minutes. Avalanche had hard time stopping him.

They were out there for the second to last shift but the Avs were able to ice the puck and the problem was we had already taken our timeout.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It’s not even just the shots against that makes this awful. It’s the scoring chances.

Seemed like Hank had to face more scoring chances in the first period than Bernier did all game.

How about knowing that you’re missing key players you stop trying to Harlem globetrotter it every shift and just throw the puck at the net? Why aren’t players like Carey, Fast, Catenacci, Lettieri And DD just throwing the puck at the net? Just throw it st the net and hope for a screen or rebound. That’s how the AVS got their second goal. That’s how Buffalo got two goals the other night. Jesus Christ, that’s how the LA Kings beat us in 2014 for the Stanley cup. It can work sometimes. Especially when you’re missing skill and high end forwards.

Valli just said on the postgame that the Rangers give up the most shots per game AND the most scoring chances per game. That is unacceptable. It’s ridiculous. And AV just keeps chewing gum, not his fault his system is perfect and he’s a hockey genius.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Tonights lineup was ugly, it's unreasonable to say this is the worst performance I've seen from this team in quite some time because they only lost 3-1 with an ENG but they honestly never looked like scoring, the goal came from the PP but apart from that there was hardly any offensive pressure at all. The Avs were all over them all game.

Reactions: Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad