Post-Game Talk: 46 Wins, baby!! 4:3 Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Always feels good to beat this guy:

FaMBgBa.gif

Is he still looking for the puck on those 4 goals?

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Why isn't it a clinch tho? What does Philly have to do with us. They can't come to our Division only Florida.

Florida wins out to 99 points and same wins. We would have the tie break.

Incorrect. The Leafs have very few ROWs and that's the first tie breaker.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
If Philly can no longer catch us that means we can get no worse than a wild card spot. You don't just clinch a division, you clinch at least a wild card. Also, the first tie breaker is ROW. If Florida wins out and we lose out, they could still potentially have more ROWs.

If Florida wins out we are tied with 46 wins each. Depending on ROW I guess they could make it but Philly has nothing to do with us regarding the division. Philly can't pass us to make 3rd in Atlantic. Wildcard means nothing at that point.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Again, played strong to a 3-0 lead, then, just hung on to get the 4-3 win!

Once you get a 3-0 lead, you've got to find that killer instinct and bury games like this!

The final score should have been about 7-3!

To be fair, Lou robbed us several times tonight to keep it close.

Reactions: therealkoho

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If Florida wins out we are tied with 46 wins each. Depending on ROW I guess they could make it but Philly has nothing to do with us regarding the division. Philly can't pass us to make 3rd in Atlantic. Wildcard means nothing at that point.

Well, first you have to clinch at least a wild card. Generally speaking. We have not clinched the division yet.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough

It's unlikely to happen, but if Flyers/Panthers win all if their remaining games and the Leafs lose them all. Panthers replace the Leafs in 3rd place and the Flyers/Devils pass the Leafs in wildcard standings.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
It's unlikely to happen, but if Flyers/Panthers win all if their remaining games and the Leafs lose them all. Panthers replace the Leafs in 3rd place and the Flyers/Devils pass the Leafs in wildcard standings.

Yea. Its the ROW to Florida. We need them to lose 1 more point or we gain one more.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013

It means something if Florida passes us.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Credit to Polak where it's due.. with about 8 minutes left in the third, the Leafs had just spent the last five minutes hemmed in their own zone. Polak got the puck and the Leafs players having been out for a while, he very easily could have dumped it back out to centre or worse for icing. But instead, he channeled his inner Gardiner and had the poise to skate it to the open ice, pausing long enough to allow himself to make a good pass out to the neutral zone that effectively broke the siege. JVR scored the insurance goal about a minute later.

I like how Polak has been playing lately and it's not the "toughness and intangibles", it's because he is playing with more hockey sense than a lot of us thought he had.

It also seems like he has more speed too. Compared to when he first started playing this season, he's not skating like he's dragging an anchor anymore.

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad