Post-Game Talk: 46 Wins, baby!! 4:3 Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Credit to Polak where it's due.. with about 8 minutes left in the third, the Leafs had just spent the last five minutes hemmed in their own zone. Polak got the puck and the Leafs players having been out for a while, he very easily could have dumped it back out to centre or worse for icing. But instead, he channeled his inner Gardiner and had the poise to skate it to the open ice, pausing long enough to allow himself to make a good pass out to the neutral zone that effectively broke the siege. JVR scored the insurance goal about a minute later.

I like how Polak has been playing lately and it's not the "toughness and intangibles", it's because he is playing with more hockey sense than a lot of us thought he had.

member 262271

haha

" it's alright and it's coming along, We gotta get right back to where we started from" is kinda fitting though
I like the song, and picked up on that in the lyrics as well, quite interesting.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Always feels good to beat this guy:

FaMBgBa.gif

Agreed. I have friends in Vancouver who met him that said he was a giant douchenozzle.

James Duthie

Kadri is 3 Hunna
May 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Feels so weird seeing the Leafs playing spoiler to teams that are trying to make the playoffs while they themselves are in a playoff position. In addition, seeing them with an all-time record in home wins and wins overall is also so weird. It's definitely going to take some time getting used to the feeling of success!

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Another record for this group. Fantastic.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Go Colorado!

And let's get Andy 2 more wins to erase that other Andy from the record books!

Why isn't it a clinch tho? What does Philly have to do with us. They can't come to our Division only Florida.

Florida wins out to 99 points and same wins. We would have the tie break.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Why isn't it a clinch tho? What does Philly have to do with us. They can't come to our Division only Florida.

Florida wins out to 99 points and same win. We would've the tie break.

If Philly can no longer catch us that means we can get no worse than a wild card spot. You don't just clinch a division, you clinch at least a wild card. Also, the first tie breaker is ROW. If Florida wins out and we lose out, they could still potentially have more ROWs.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Damn.. JVR of course you play amazing in the 2nd half of your contract year! 15 goals in his past 24 games/22 points in his past 24. 18 goals in the previous 51, 31 points in that span.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA