4 teams are figthing for the 1st overall:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Jacobv2 said:
This thread went pointless.

A pet peave of mine is referring to someone's favorite team as "their" team. "Your" team is tanking, "my" team isn't.
that's about 99% of posters on this board.

a pet peeve of mine is bad spelling.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Come on, my spelling is amongst the best on these boards. That's probably the first mistake I've made in like, a year.

SwOOsh*

Jacobv2 said:
Come on, my spelling is amongst the best on these boards. That's probably the first mistake I've made in like, a year.

I think he was being over-critical of your spelling because your over-critical of others tendecies. :jump:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Jacobv2 said:
yea i know.

some of the spelling on this board is beyond horrendous. pittsburg bugs me the most.

SwOOsh*

Dark Metamorphosis said:
yea i know.

some of the spelling on this board is beyond horrendous. pittsburg bugs me the most.

They should use the spell-checker :joker:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Your point?
Scatological imagery aside, the point was the quoted reference to intense Pittsburgh conditioning drills yesterday, which are somewhat suspect to say the least. The Tarnstrom injury at the mid-point of tonight's game is suspect. Hell, the Aubin delay of game... that was one badly tanked game, and they will get away with it of course, given the team's recent record. Ah well.

SwOOsh*

I think we all know that no matter who ends up with Ovechkin (either the Caps or Pens their is still other teams with a chance) their will be articles written on how they "tanked" to get him.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I sure like the sounds of Fleury in goal, Ovechkin carrying the offense, and a ton of solid-but-unspectacular players in between.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Drake1588 said:
Scatological imagery aside, the point was the quoted reference to intense Pittsburgh conditioning drills yesterday, which are somewhat suspect to say the least. The Tarnstrom injury at the mid-point of tonight's game is suspect. Hell, the Aubin delay of game... that was one badly tanked game, and they will get away with it of course, given the team's recent record. Ah well.
Both teams tanked. One just did it more successfully than the other.

The Caps first goal was as flukey as it gets. The Penguins hit one cross bar and one post. This game could have easily gone the other way.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Jacobv2 said:
Both teams tanked. One just did it more successfully than the other.

The Caps first goal was as flukey as it gets. The Penguins hit one cross bar and one post. This game could have easily gone the other way.

No it couldn't have. :shakehead

The Caps, an AHL team, dominated a Pens team that looked lifeless, effortless, and near-sighted. Only when the score was 4-1 and pride kicked in did Pittsburgh put anything on the table, and even then, they orchestrated the worst 5:00 minute powerplay I've seen all season.

The Pens had been worked into the ground with a well-timed, pseudo-"conditioning" stint the previous day, and Tarnstrom left with a questionable injury.

If the Caps don't win out, I'm rooting for Chicago.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The Penguins got pucks to the net on the 5 minute powerplay. It wasn't picture perfect, but they got some chances. You're obviously bitter about the win, or loss, or whatever you want to call it.

The Pens had been worked into the ground with a well-timed, pseudo-"conditioning" stint the previous day, and Tarnstrom left with a questionable injury.
Who cares what kind of injury it was? At this point in the season, there's no reason to take a chance.

I don't get what you're saying, do you honestly think the players are the ones that threw the game?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
These players are playing for pride and for jobs.

You don't throw games for players who you might not even be around to reap the benefits of.

The Caps got tons of good bounces tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad