4 teams are figthing for the 1st overall:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If the Penguins are the worst team of all time, what does it mean if they finish 29th or better?

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
I would ordinarily hope for CHI, cause I feel bad for their fans.

But I as an Oilers fan have to hope for CHI to win all 4 games against STL and NSH, if possible.

Perhaps if they do so, karma will smile upon them and they can win the lottery :)

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
slyc said:
4 teams are figthing for the 1st overall (re:Ovechkin).
Hum... we all tough Pittsburgh gonna get that pick but now Wash, CLB and Chicago are in the race. :shakehead
And the Rangers aren't fighting for him??? :dunno: Why do you think they gave away there whole team??? They want Ovechkin just as much as anyone.

roast

Mar 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
The 2 teams i would want A.O. to go to are either the blackhawks or the pens. Both have teams with young talent and are lacking a potential super star. The only thing I wouldn't like about him going to Chi. is their owner.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Broadway Crosby said:
And the Rangers aren't fighting for him??? :dunno: Why do you think they gave away there whole team??? They want Ovechkin just as much as anyone.

Because the only way the Blueshirts get Ovechkin is from winning the lottery from the fifth spot, they're too far ahead of Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus, and Chicago in the standings.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Wrong 4 teams are veing for one of the two 25% lottery ticket odds!

Except the team that finishes last has greater odds because if the sixth last place team or better wins the lottery, the worst team still retains the #1 pick. But you're right, finishing last doesn't guarantee a thing.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Factoring in teams outside of the bottom 5 winning the odds add up to...
30th............48.2%
29th........... 18.8%
28th........... 14.2%
27th........... 10.7%
26th............. 8.1%

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Blue Jackets have 5 Games Remaning Against...

at Nashville
at Buffalo
Detroit
Colorado
at Detroit

Quite Fesibale that they lose all of there last games.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
Zherdev Fan said:
Blue Jackets have 5 Games Remaning Against...

at Nashville
at Buffalo
Detroit
Colorado
at Detroit

Quite Fesibale that they lose all of there last games.

except the NSH game, they'll want to win that one :)

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Go-SENS-Go said:
No, the BLUE JACKETS should win the lottery
Just imagine: Nash--Zherden--Ovechkin

That's exactly why they shouldn't win it.....they've already gotten their 2 offensive studs (both of which are better than anything Wash has). CLB needs to finsh 3-4 and grab Barker for that team and give a team like Wash (who's fan base has never had a franchise guy....PIT's had 2 over the last 20 years, and CHI just doesn't desrve it because of mgmt....besides, Wirtz would never put in the $$ to put a decent team around him and I really don't want to see someone of that talent wasted on a lame team, which he would in PIT or CHI).

Can u tell I'm a Caps fan :) Truthfully though, I'd feel the same way if I wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->