Injury Report: 4/2 Thornton

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Thornton is so cheeky in that video. I think something underlying could be going on, but with the playoffs, the expansion draft, and new contracts to be signed somewhere, he wants to play it close to the chest

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Thornton won't be back but the Sharks org doesn't want to say anything to avoid the embarrassment of the Tank being half-empty for playoff games. I mean, this team couldn't even sell out some of the Nashville series games last year with everyone healthy and the team coming off a demolition of the LA Kings. Interest in hockey is at an all-time low in the Bay Area.

I can't believe this was left unchecked. Half-empty? Three of the four home games were sold out and game 1 was the only one not sold out because it was finalized to be there that Friday night about 44 hours after Nashville won their series against Anaheim. And even that game was only 500 shy of a sellout. This type of stuff is just flat out insulting while being factually incorrect.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
I can't believe this was left unchecked. Half-empty? Three of the four home games were sold out and game 1 was the only one not sold out because it was finalized to be there that Friday night about 44 hours after Nashville won their series against Anaheim. And even that game was only 500 shy of a sellout. This type of stuff is just flat out insulting while being factually incorrect.

When did I say the Tank was half-empty during the Nashville series? I said it would be (although obviously being hyperbolic) if Thornton and Couture aren't in the playoff lineup this year.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Anyway I hope Thornton and Couture are back for Game 1 of the playoffs so we can go back to DeBoer kneecapping the team's chances with terrible lineup decisions.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
When did I say the Tank was half-empty during the Nashville series? I said it would be (although obviously being hyperbolic) if Thornton and Couture aren't in the playoff lineup this year.

You didn't but you're basing that off of your misinformation of them not selling out SOME playoff games in the Nashville series. They sold out three of the four. The only one they didn't sell out was due to the turnaround time of the Preds-Ducks series not concluding where if the Ducks had won, they would have had to go to Anaheim for game 1. Playoff games in San Jose don't sell out because players get hurt. There's nothing to substantiate that claim. Playoff games in San Jose don't sell out if there isn't sufficient time to do so in certain extreme circumstances. Stop using factually incorrect information to make hyperbolic statements.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Dear Sideshow Raheem,

What are your odd for the Sharks to win the cup this year?

Signed,
A Betting Man

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So since Thornton and Couture are both "Done" for the year. (Reading your previous comments) 0%?

Dude, there were a lot of us who were convinced that Joe was done for the year, including me. Why would you pick on him for that? Give it a rest.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Dude, there were a lot of us who were convinced that Joe was done for the year, including me. Why would you pick on him for that? Give it a rest.

Not picking on. I just find it funny how everything he says turns out utterly wrong, even something we all agreed with. Gunning for the 0% chance of losing in the playoffs. :nod:

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I love it, so much. In my gut I didn't think it was a tear....the way he extended was forward at the hip joint, which is designed to be able to handle more movement stress then if his leg had twisted the other way or his knee buckled.
If you watch his transition when he fell it was pretty fluid and I think he was able to negate something that could have been much worse. He basically did a really, really awkward lunge.

Could still easily be a bit of a nasty sprain though, but no tear is huge obviously.

I get why he wants to play, these 2 games left are massively important. It would be nice to secure home field for the 1st round.

But damn idk.....I'd love to see a well rested Jumbo for the playoffs.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not picking on. I just find it funny how everything he says turns out utterly wrong, even something we all agreed with. Gunning for the 0% chance of losing in the playoffs. :nod:

Look, I have my fair share of disagreements with Sideshow but he's right on some things. Labanc, Haley, DeBoer's treatment of Schlemko come to mind.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
****ing Jumbo. :laugh: But seriously no reason to play the last two games of the season.

I am a bit torn on this. No matter what Joe says there is a chance a small chance it just doesn't feel right in an actual game.

Which is better more day off or finding out if it is game ready when it doesn't matter?

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
You didn't but you're basing that off of your misinformation of them not selling out SOME playoff games in the Nashville series. They sold out three of the four. The only one they didn't sell out was due to the turnaround time of the Preds-Ducks series not concluding where if the Ducks had won, they would have had to go to Anaheim for game 1. Playoff games in San Jose don't sell out because players get hurt. There's nothing to substantiate that claim. Playoff games in San Jose don't sell out if there isn't sufficient time to do so in certain extreme circumstances. Stop using factually incorrect information to make hyperbolic statements.

Wasn't it also a super early game? I know it wasn't a normal start time

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
I am a bit torn on this. No matter what Joe says there is a chance a small chance it just doesn't feel right in an actual game.

Which is better more day off or finding out if it is game ready when it doesn't matter?

I hear ya, but there is the chance that playing him too early is what ends his playoffs... especially since we're playing the teams we're playing in the final 2. We don't want any liberties being taken during games that matter that much less.

I'm in the don't take the chance until we need him camp. Maybe we can squeak past the 1st round without him and its apparent we cant then debate the risk.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
That jumbo interview is honestly hilarious.

He could have had a stick impaled in his head and he would be standing there like, yeah play tomorrow or maybe saturday, no big deal.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Wasn't it also a super early game? I know it wasn't a normal start time

No, it was a normal start time. It was Friday 7:30. It's just that the Anaheim-Nashville game didn't end until like 10 PM Wednesday and they couldn't start selling tickets prior to that since they didn't know if their first home game was going to be in two days or the following Tuesday or Wednesday. It's a short turnaround time to have a bunch of fans plan for such a thing on a weeknight even Fridays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad