GDT: 4/1/2013 - Blues@Wild - 7:00 PM CST - FS-N, FS-WI‎

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
Poor play finally caught up to us. We were able to pull a rabbit out of the hat for a few games, but it can't go on forever. Let's hope this downswing in quality of play is not too severe, or too long.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Yep, we outright stole that 7-4 win over Dallas. Take a chill pill.
I think that was the first game in 3 or 4 where we outshot the opponent. So in general the Wild hasn't been playing all that well lately. We've given up a lot of goals.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
They looked lost and confused for most of the night. Couldn't connect passes. PP was a mess. Got tossed around. Had no urgency until it was far too late. Sad thing is, the Blues really didn't play lights out either.

If we're going to compete with these huge teams like LA, St. Louis, etc. this team just has no choice but get bigger. I can't imagine the Wild having to play 4-7 games against an LA, Blues or another team built like that.

Typical post-game meltdown. Hysterical.

Happens after every loss.

I get annoyed, but I rarely freak out like a lot of people here do.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Pretty much.

Take a look at the standings, guys.
My only concern is the upcoming road trip. No, I'm not having a meltdown. But we've seen some lack luster play in the past week. They squeaked through with some wins at home, but it's gonna take a stronger effort to get points in these other buildings during a playoff race. They may be okay in the standings at the moment, but tonight means they have less room for error.

I really don't want to have to face the Hawks or Ducks in the first round.....that is "if" we make the playoffs.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
that was a stank-ass game. put it behind you, boys. do not revisit.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I'm going to echo those who say that PMB should maybe either sit or go. He didn't exist tonight. Also, nobody went to the front of the net tonight. We need to have a forward right there in front for the rebound. where the hell was everyone? Walz also made a great point about the half wall pressure just now. It can break up our cycle way to easily. We still did it all night though.

In a game like this you know the Blues are going to try to ape you into submission. They should have run Backes early in the second even if you take the penalty you make your point. Mess with the rookies and your top man gets it. What really irks me about the game was that Elliot was in net. He is not a quality net minder and we allowed a bum to look like a hero.

All in all a bad game, but 1 in so many good ones is acceptable. Cullen better not be hurt to bad because we could be in trouble if he is.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Well, that was, lame.

I hope our guys take this as a wake up call. It sure as hell isn't getting easier from here on out.

I know it is what it is, but I do hope the reffing gets a little better as well. This trend is becoming a bit ridiculous.

We were completely outworked for 40 minutes, and they abused us, and we could use more size, but we really could have done a better job than we did in that regards.

I also hope Cullen is not hurt too bad. I can't believe I'm saying this, but he really has been important to our team, and that would be a loss.

For the style that Yeo wants this team to play, and the identity that this team is forming, the smaller players that we have really do not help all that much. We could do with at least one less of them.

Anyways, I hope our guys find that fire again.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
tough games ahead, San Jose is playing really solid last games and dominating Van right now

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
The Wild also lost center Matt Cullen with what I think is a lower-body injury. He took an awkward fall near the boards across from the benches by the blue line near the end of the second. He was skating gingerly after that and didn’t return in the third period.

Coach Mike Yeo didn’t have an update but said he would provide one after Tuesday’s optional practice and before its flight to San Jose. If serious, we’ll see if that changes Chuck Fletcher’s approach going into Wednesday’s 2 p.m. CT trade deadline. If not, the Wild will need a center from Houston. The centers there are Johan Larsson, Mikael Granlund, Jake Dowell, David McIntyre, Chad Rau and Carson McMillan.

Another option would be to recall Jason Zucker, I suppose, and move one of the wingers up here in Minnesota to center.
Cullen injured as the Wild suffers its worst loss in week at the hands of St. Louis

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
tough games ahead, San Jose is playing really solid last games and dominating Van right now

How cool would it be to see Clowe score his first goal of the season on Wednesday at SJ as a member of the Minnesota Wild???

Billy Mays Here*

If Cullen is out, I see us calling up Granlund. Any other forward and it would be someone other than Granlund, but we need an offensive 2nd line center on that line and sorry, but Brodziak doesn't cut it.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Optional practice? Again?

? for those who watched Yeos presser, did he seem to not look optimistic when answering about Cullens injury? Or is it just me?

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
How cool would it be to see Clowe score his first goal of the season on Wednesday at SJ as a member of the Minnesota Wild???

I can just picture it now. Clowe from Heatley and Seto. Complete with Havlat's non-existing backcheck, Burnzie's signature diving sweep check that comes up just short, and Jimmy's classic "where the hell am I" look on the bench.

Epic. Make it happen, Fletch ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad