Post-Game Talk: 3pm Blues @ Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
What? You wanted carlson to have the fourth guy in? Sure and have 3v1 behind him... great plan. The backcheck failed to pick up the fourth guy in. The defense made the play at the blue line to stop the initial rush
Both guys covering same man on an odd-man break = bad coverage

RKCIQRH.jpg

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
They definitely weren't both supposed to take the same guy. They needed gap coverage to slow the attack.
Why are you going bon a out something that actually had nothing to with the goal. The puck ended up going to the 4 the man and we had no one to cover him. The fault was on the line change.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
They pass up so many high quality shooting chances, so frustrating.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Why are you going bon a out something that actually had nothing to with the goal. The puck ended up going to the 4 the man and we had no one to cover him. The fault was on the line change.
There can be multiple faults on the same play. The line change was bad, but so was the coverage at the blueline. Both can be wrong.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
After scoring the 2nd against us, the Blues so have better chances. But at least the Caps started going to O zone lol

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
There can be multiple faults on the same play. The line change was bad, but so was the coverage at the blueline. Both can be wrong.
Tell you what the problem all started because Ovi decided to stay on the ice instead of going for a line change. Then when the Blues got control Ovi floated to the bench because he was tired from the long shift. Orpik, Carlson and Kuzy played it properly.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

RKCIQRH.jpg

They got away with that mistake, but the trailer Tarasenko was completely uncovered. I don't know where the other forwards were, maybe they were on a line change, but it's their job to pick up Tarasenko in the high slot.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

RKCIQRH.jpg

The d took the first two kuzy took the third guy streaking in. The puck got stopped. The picture proves it. If anything orlov should have been moving towards the man on the wall and Carlson takes the middle. Why at this point would change directions and head toward tarasenko????

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
77 on the 3rd line. Everybody wanted that last year To have 3 good lines. But now he is not the same as last year

No trip on Vrana and then That call??

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The d took the first two kuzy took the third guy streaking in. The puck got stopped. The picture proves it. If anything orlov should have been moving towards the man on the wall and Carlson takes the middle. Why at this point would change directions and head toward tarasenko????
Orlov wasn't even on the ice, it was Orpik.

I never said any of them would take Tarasenko. I said their neutral zone/blueline coverage was terrible, and the result was that the Blues attack was able to streak into the Caps zone at full speed.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
They got away with that mistake, but the trailer Tarasenko was completely uncovered. I don't know where the other forwards were, maybe they were on a line change, but it's their job to pick up Tarasenko in the high slot.
And like I said that had absolutely nothing to do with the goal so why are we dwelling on that.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Orlov wasn't even on the ice, it was Orpik.

I never said any of them would take Tarasenko. I said their neutral zone/blueline coverage was terrible, and the result was that the Blues attack was able to streak into the Caps zone at full speed.

Orpik not orlov, still doesn’t change the fact the last two forward stuff can’t let a guy skate in like that. The defense was fine. And if you want to criticize the entry if was the left side not carlson that didn’t pressure the puck

Reactions: maacoshark

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I see nothing wrong with the way it was played other than Orpik could have been a bit more aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad