Post-Game Talk: 3pm Blues @ Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
How about we put beagle on the 1st PP unit... so you know... we can win a face off at least once? Kinda sad how terrible this team is at winning face offs in the offensive zone.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
im lost though, people want the pp to change and they change it and its still not ok?
"People" are not all unanimous in wanting a change, or more specifically, what they want changed. Moving Ovechkin out of the spot he has destroyed the league for over the past several seasons is not he answer.

Good news is it looks like he's back to the left dot on this powerplay.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
How long does that benefit of the doubt last? It's already been 7 bad games in a row, and many around here (myself included) aren't convinced that he's 100% healthy right now. If they gave him today (or last Tuesday) off, he could have had an entire week between games to rest up and work on getting truly healthy.

Give Stephenson a chance at it.

I guess they know better what's going on with him. Maybe it's purely about confidence. Trotz did Oshie a favor by putting him on the top line, we'll see how he responds.

If you put Stephenson at #4C, that means he has to take on Beagle's PK duties. Is he ready for that job too?

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
And another offensive zone face off lost... Man this PP is straight trash homie. put PP2 out there.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
And Connolly comes through.. Not sure how that went it, it was bouncing everywhere.

Edit.. thought it was ov.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I guess they know better what's going on with him. Maybe it's purely about confidence. Trotz did Oshie a favor by putting him on the top line, we'll see how he responds.

If you put Stephenson at #4C, that means he has to take on Beagle's PK duties. Is he ready for that job too?
Yes Stephenson is ready. He is already killing some penalties with the Caps. He killed penalties in Hershey. He was the best penalty killer I saw in juniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln