Post-Game Talk: 3pm Blues @ Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Damn another defensive meltdown. Where were the wingers that were supposed to be backchecking.? Connolly was late and I think Ovi floated to the bench for a change.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Damn another defensive meltdown. Where were the wingers that were supposed to be backchecking.? Connolly was late and I think Ovi floated to the bench for a change.
Willy went Down in O zone and Ovi was on a 1+ minute shift went on the bench from the o zone

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Capitals have no answer for the Blues forecheck these last few shifts. Repeatedly hemmed in their zone and no signs of an effective breakout.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It wasn't on them. Tarensenko was the 4th guy in the zone. The defensemen and Kuzy had their men.
It was definitely on them. They both moved to cover the same Blue as the Blues broke through the neutral zone. Carlson shifting over allowed the late joining Blues to hit the line at full speed with no gap coverage.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It was definitely on them. They both moved to cover the same Blue as the Blues broke through the neutral zone. Carlson shifting over allowed the late joining Blues to hit the line at full speed with no gap coverage.
I disagree. It was a 4 on 3. Was one of them supposed to take 2 guys.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

What? You wanted carlson to have the fourth guy in? Sure and have 3v1 behind him... great plan. The backcheck failed to pick up the fourth guy in. The defense made the play at the blue line to stop the initial rush

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Just watched the replay if that goal from our end and it was a pathetic line change that made it a 4 on 3. Carlson, Orpik and Kuzy played it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad