Post-Game Talk: 392

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Watching the highlight pack from the Arizona feed looks like they use the NHL Network score bug... does that mean they don't have a local TV deal with a sports network like Bally, NBC Sports, etc?

Reactions: egelband

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
I really like how this team is coming together at the right time. I know that we just gave up 5 goals to a bad team but the signs are there. It's more than just Kreider's 300th goal or Quick setting the record for American-born goaltenders. Look at how excited Lafreniere and Trocheck were when Jones scored. Watch Goodrow's goal and see how Trocheck didn't want to make himself a pass option because he wanted Goodrow to get it. Watch the reaction to Lafreniere's empty netter and first hat trick. This team is looking like they are playing for each other, and that is exactly what we want as we head into the playoffs.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Watching the highlight pack from the Arizona feed looks like they use the NHL Network score bug... does that mean they don't have a local TV deal with a sports network like Bally, NBC Sports, etc?
They do not have a deal. I think Bally's went bankrupt & declined to renew the Yotes deal at the end of last season. They're on a local over the air channel in the Phoenix Metro. Not even a main channel, I think it's station 8.2 or something. Before this season I believe they were averaging about 1200 viewers a game locally. That's what I read in the Business of Hockey boards. Crazy if that's accurate...in a city of 6 million people. :facepalm:

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010

They were screwed over by Bally's going under, I believe. The only way to watch their games is through ESPN+. I know a few baseball teams are dealing with the same thing, specifically AZ and SD

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers should be odds on favorites to win the President's trophy at this point. I say this because the Rangers can max out at 120 points this year. Dallas is the closest to us. They can max out at 117 and Boston, Florida and Carolina can max out at 115. The Rangers also do not have a tough schedule left and if we win 5 and get to overtime in 1 of our remaining 8 no matter what any of Boston, Florida or Carolina do....even if they run their tables on their remaining games it won't be enough for them to catch us in the East. So as long as we're alive in the East we should have home ice advantage in any series.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
So someone please tell me if we have ever seen a game where a team put up 8 goals without getting a single Powerplay?
Edmonton, last month (2/13) vs. Detroit.
Before that, Toronto on 2/26/2022 vs. Detroit.
Before that, Montreal on 2/26/2019 vs...... Detroit.

Detroit is very disciplined but very bad in February.

By the way, outside of those 3 games and tonight, you have to go back to the 90s for the last occurrence (and it only happened twice in the 90s).

Screenshot 2024-03-31 041050.png

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I really like how this team is coming together at the right time. I know that we just gave up 5 goals to a bad team but the signs are there. It's more than just Kreider's 300th goal or Quick setting the record for American-born goaltenders. Look at how excited Lafreniere and Trocheck were when Jones scored. Watch Goodrow's goal and see how Trocheck didn't want to make himself a pass option because he wanted Goodrow to get it. Watch the reaction to Lafreniere's empty netter and first hat trick. This team is looking like they are playing for each other, and that is exactly what we want as we head into the playoffs.
Well said

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Edmonton, last month (2/13) vs. Detroit.
Before that, Toronto on 2/26/2022 vs. Detroit.
Before that, Montreal on 2/26/2019 vs...... Detroit.

Detroit is very disciplined but very bad in February.

By the way, outside of those 3 games and tonight, you have to go back to the 90s for the last occurrence (and it only happened twice in the 90s).

View attachment 844012
Thank you. I really didn't expect anyone to answer that.

Now could someone please give me the winning numbers for the powerball?

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Picking up right where we left off. Trouba playing more than Fox, and a team worst game score with beyond horrific defense. That laf->jones 2 on 1 though…that had my rod pointing north
The behind the back pass that Bread made to start that rush was a thing of beauty.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Good catch, they're certainly playing for one another. I give the credit to Lavy, instilling the TEAM thing in pre-season, and things like Tro's family sharing their house with Cuylle. Sure there are many other things we don't know, but they get it......all about each other. The Cancers are gone

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Man, that shift on the Lindgren goal absolutely ripped. They had the Yotes pinned for two full shifts, and that pass by Fox through the dman’s legs to Lindgren was ridiculous

Super happy for Laf too. The kid’s been a beast all year. He put in a ton of work this summer and is really hitting that next level. I said it would be great if he could turn into our version of Filip Forsberg, and I think that’s still possible if he keeps progressing

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
They do not have a deal. I think Bally's went bankrupt & declined to renew the Yotes deal at the end of last season. They're on a local over the air channel in the Phoenix Metro. Not even a main channel, I think it's station 8.2 or something. Before this season I believe they were averaging about 1200 viewers a game locally. That's what I read in the Business of Hockey boards. Crazy if that's accurate...in a city of 6 million people. :facepalm:
The Bally's thing is going to affect a bunch of cities next year (not just hockey also).

The media side of Bally's is gone & not sure what entity(ies) will fill the vacuum.

I have to think the NHL, MLB & NBA have something in mind.

Could you imagine Florida Panthers games not on anywhere? Even if they use the away feed it's still something that will need a long term solution.

Like old school NYR Games on WWOR ch9 back in the day lol

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Lately, been thinking just how formidable this team would be with Chytil.
Yeah, been thinking a lot about it.

Kind of when we talked about a season(s) when vets still would be at the top of their games and kids coming into their own. Gallant blew a chance last season. We shall see what happens this season without Chytil but him coming back (fingers crossed) next season would be the best possible roster improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad