Post-Game Talk: 392

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Got to say I really enjoyed the sounds of the game. It probably sucks for Coyotes and probably the visiting players too but it was certainly a novelty compared to everything else in the NHL

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Watching the highlight pack from the Arizona feed looks like they use the NHL Network score bug... does that mean they don't have a local TV deal with a sports network like Bally, NBC Sports, etc?
Correct. Coyote TV broadcasts have been in the witness protection program. To the credit of the team they have kept on their excellent pre and post game broadcasters (much better than the actual game announcers) but just not a lot of local interest. The Bally’s bankruptcy really hurt all Arizona teams. The Diamondbacks took a haircut last year (better off this year) and the Coyotes situation was a mess. They did not have a TV outlet in place until days before the start of the season.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He didn’t look right. Skating was a real issue although he made some nice headman passes. Guessing he had a broken ankle or foot and will need some time to improve skating.
coaching staff has to limit him. He's just way too immobile and it will cost us imo. I don't know why he's getting top minutes

The writing is on the wall. Schneids needs to take on more of a role

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
He didn’t look right. Skating was a real issue although he made some nice headman passes. Guessing he had a broken ankle or foot and will need some time to improve skating.
His brain was a little rusty too. Was processing stuff way too slow. Normally he decided what to do quickly but his legs make him slow. Last night, he was slow to react which made him twice as slow as per his normal.

Reactions: kovazub94

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
His brain was a little rusty too. Was processing stuff way too slow. Normally he decided what to do quickly but his legs make him slow. Last night, he was slow to react which made him twice as slow as per his normal.
Don’t agree. Check the video. He made at least 3-4 nice head man passes. He’s not normally as bad a skater as some here make him out to be but his skating was labored yesterday. I do agree that Schneider has earned a bigger role and would like to see Laviolette give Trouba a few shifts off until he rounds back into shape.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Man, that shift on the Lindgren goal absolutely ripped. They had the Yotes pinned for two full shifts, and that pass by Fox through the dman’s legs to Lindgren was ridiculous

Super happy for Laf too. The kid’s been a beast all year. He put in a ton of work this summer and is really hitting that next level. I said it would be great if he could turn into our version of Filip Forsberg, and I think that’s still possible if he keeps progressing
love this comp

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Man, that shift on the Lindgren goal absolutely ripped. They had the Yotes pinned for two full shifts, and that pass by Fox through the dman’s legs to Lindgren was ridiculous

Super happy for Laf too. The kid’s been a beast all year. He put in a ton of work this summer and is really hitting that next level. I said it would be great if he could turn into our version of Filip Forsberg, and I think that’s still possible if he keeps progressing
I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a two minute shift that dominant that wasn’t on the power play. Rangers did a complete line change. Coyote players were like pylons the last 30-40 seconds.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a two minute shift that dominant that wasn’t on the power play. Rangers did a complete line change. Coyote players were like pylons the last 30-40 seconds.
According to Craig Morgan, who covers the Coyotes for PHNXSports and knows Benoit Allaire from years ago, stated that there has been talk that Allaire may retire after this season (at about the 24:30 mark); I had not heard of this prior to...

• Wow
Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad