GDT: #39| New York Islanders @ Edmonton Oilers | January 4th | 9:30 PM |F/L 5-2

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
Kulemin doesn't really strike me as guy who is going to pout because his friend is sitting in press box, these guys are professionals.

I also think sitting a healthy Grabner might be worse for the room if you want to look at it from that standpoint, Grabner is popular guy in that room who has been here for a few years and sitting him when there are other forwards not playing well could be bad also for chemistry.

he is not going to pout, but I can see his game being effected if his friend is not out there with him

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I thought Capuano handled himself well and called out passengers, he normally never does this, after the Avs game he said we worked hahd and did not play poorly, but this time around he called it as he saw it, I am liking him more and more as a coach quite honestly

We had 3 passengers, Kulemin, Grabo, and Viz... Donovan and Grabner will be in for Grabo and Viz. Viz is starting to show some signs of aging on the ice for sure.

Still want Tanguay on this team and Bailey/Nelson/Grabner as the 3rd line... the Islanders and Russian players, seems to be a consistent mismatch.

Kulemin is really good defensively but a black hole on offense and that kind of puts him in a squeeze situation on a team with the best 4th line in hockey

DeanCorso

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
I thought Capuano handled himself well and called out passengers, he normally never does this, after the Avs game he said we worked hahd and did not play poorly, but this time around he called it as he saw it, I am liking him more and more as a coach quite honestly

We had 3 passengers, Kulemin, Grabo, and Viz... Donovan and Grabner will be in for Grabo and Viz. Viz is starting to show some signs of aging on the ice for sure.

Still want Tanguay on this team and Bailey/Nelson/Grabner as the 3rd line... the Islanders and Russian players, seems to be a consistent mismatch.

Kulemin is really good defensively but a black hole on offense and that kind of puts him in a squeeze situation on a team with the best 4th line in hockey

There was more then 3 passengers

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011

1)There was more than 3 passengers
2) I wouldnt sit any of the defensemen.

DeanCorso

Feb 20, 2014
Canada

I honestly dont think Viz will be out in Vancouver and if he was i'm pretty sure it wont be Donovan in for Viz (but he should be)...we all know it would be Strait

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I honestly dont think Viz will be out in Vancouver and if he was i'm pretty sure it wont be Donovan in for Viz (but he should be)...we all know it would be Strait

Is Grabner our only Forward in the luxury box... I actually would like to see this Harry Z character up for a few games on the top line, is he a guy who could do what Moulson did on the first line?

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
i'd Sit Viz partly to rest him and partly because he turns the puck over a lot, I am a Viz fan, but Donovan deserves to be looked at from time to time

I dont think our Dmen routinely have bad games, especially Viz. He and Hickey had bad games and that is VERY rare I think. Having Donovan in for Viz is OK in my book anyway. Keep all these guys on their toes.

DeanCorso

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
Who else Hickey, CDH?

Nelson played hard but might be feeling effects of the blocked shot against Flames.

JT, KO, 4th line, Strome, Boychuk, Frans, Leddy, Hammer played hard

Nelson was one!

In Buffalo he was with the kid line and he didnt play good (remember the 2 on 1 pk goal for the Sabres) and hes been playing on the 1st unit of PP....its not just because hes been playing with grabo and kulemin.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I dont think our Dmen routinely have bad games, especially Viz. He and Hickey had bad games and that is VERY rare I think. Having Donovan in for Viz is OK in my book anyway. Keep all these guys on their toes.

I think we also really need to see what Donovan can do, if he is a guy who can break the 6 next year if we lose Viz and don't resign Boychuk.

DeanCorso

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
Is Grabner our only Forward in the luxury box... I actually would like to see this Harry Z character up for a few games on the top line, is he a guy who could do what Moulson did on the first line?

The other forward its Boulton (hes on IR)

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Nelson was one!

In Buffalo he was with the kid line and he didnt play good (remember the 2 on 1 pk goal for the Sabres) and hes been playing on the 1st unit of PP....its not just because hes been playing with grabo and kulemin.

In Buffalo he was a disaster, he took a wicked shot in that Flames game so I think that affected him. If he centered a line with Bailey and Grabner, I think you will see something develop

What's the deal with Harry Z, what kind of player is he? He could be that top line LW we have been looking for.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
The positive is Grabner is ready to return, they also have Donovan and Strait :sarcasm: who can play also so they do have options to move guys in and out of lineup. I think Grabner in for Grabovski would be change for Vancouver. I also probably would start Johnson to give Halak a week before playing three eastern divisional games.

Don't forget that Carkner is travelling with the team too :naughty::amazed:

DeanCorso

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
In Buffalo he was a disaster, he took a wicked shot in that Flames game so I think that affected him. If he centered a line with Bailey and Grabner, I think you will see something develop

What's the deal with Harry Z, what kind of player is he? He could be that top line LW we have been looking for.

Harry Z 28pts in 33 games but i doubt he's a solution!! beside you have to waive or sent down someone to give him a roster spot and i dont think it make sense now.....more chances to see Conacher to be called back before Harry Z.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Harry Z 28pts in 33 games but i doubt he's a solution!! beside you have to waive or sent down someone to give him a roster spot and i dont think it make sense now.....more chances to see Conacher to be called back before Harry Z.

Harry Z does have a plus 5 for some reason, I would cut Strait, he should never play another game for this team, we would deal him to Winnipeg for Paul Maurice's glasses (seems like they are more expensive than Cappy's glasses).

I also notice that Harry Z kills penalties so could he be a more defensive Moulson?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Nah, I just think we are reacting to the speculation about lineup shift that Cappy mentioned, the only thing that probably is real here is Grabo needs micro management, Randy Carlyle knew best LOL

I was talking about waiving Strait for Harry Z. It's not going to happen, nor should it happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad