Prospect Info: 33rd overall Roby Jarventie LW FIN

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is another guy who could go straight to Belleville next season if they wanted him to being a European player. Why not, he's got the size & speed, can score & is considered a decent playmaker, seems to have a little bit of everything. I would imagine he needs to put on more muscle & they need to work on his defensive side of the puck, but could be another dark horse for the Sens.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
This is another guy who could go straight to Belleville next season if they wanted him to being a European player. Why not, he's got the size & speed, can score & is considered a decent playmaker, seems to have a little bit of everything. I would imagine he needs to put on more muscle & they need to work on his defensive side of the puck, but could be another dark horse for the Sens.

I think he's an excellent pick here. He JUST turned 18 though so I don't think he'll be in Belleville this year (or probably next). He's 6'2 and 185 right now but his frame sure looks like he could add 20-25 lbs and he might still be growing. I compared his style to Zib in another thread but his fram kind of looks the same to me too. He could be a big, smooth skating forward who can shoot.

I'm pretty excited about this pick.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
realistically speaking we get the ELC and the contract after that and then hes off to greater things but i am going to enjoy every f***ing game where we can call him our own.

Not necessarily, I mean look at Chabot... ELC + 8 years...

At some point, Melnyk will have to sell if his financial situation doesn't improve significantly

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm still not that high on Pinto.

He put up a lot of points at the WJC but a lot of that was standing in front of the net.
Played on a line with Nicholas Robertson. He wasnt the one driving the line and creating the offense.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm still not that high on Pinto.

He put up a lot of points at the WJC but a lot of that was standing in front of the net.

Isn't that where most of the goals are scored in the NHL?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's a lot harder to stand in front of the net in the NHL.

Lazar was batting in rebounds in front of the net with McDavid.
Well, he's a pretty big guy too & depending on who is on the other side should do okay I think. I still think Pinto is going to be a good player for this team down the road, I guess we'll see.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think so at all.

But I guess we disagree.

I will say that Pinto exceeded a lot of expectations and put up a lot of points.
PP, PK, was used as their #1 centre. Who was better? He was older than others so not unexpected either.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
PP, PK, was used as their #1 centre. Who was better? He was older than others so not unexpected either.

Personally I think Arthur Kaliyev showed more potential.

I felt that other guys on Team USA drove the offence more than Pinto did.

He played his role and did it well, but I didn't come out of that tournament thinking that he's going to be the best forward from that roster.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Really? Completely disagree. He was certainly not better IMO. He was used on the fourth line a lot. I could get behind Zegras but that’s about it.

Well, USA fans were pretty miffed about coaching decisions regarding utilization (which they wouldn't shut up about) but you can't evaluate what didn't happen, so that's fair.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
[QUOTE="NyQuil]
He played his role and did it well, but I didn't come out of that tournament thinking that he's going to be the best forward from that roster.[/QUOTE]

that wasn’t what I said though

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
that wasn’t what I said though

I know, I was just clarifying.

When I see someone compare Pinto with Stone - Stone was a revelation at that tournament.

He was everywhere, he was involved in every play.

I'm hoping Pinto ends up as a 2/3 C but that puts him behind Stutzle and Norris and on par with White IMO.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad