Prospect Info: 33rd overall Roby Jarventie LW FIN

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Finnish winger Roby Jarventie graduated to the Finnish SM Liiga this year, playing five games and scoring one goal for Ilves. Needing a bit more development, he was loaned to KooVee Tampere in the Mestis, Finland’s second highest men’s division. He put up 23 goals and 38 points in 36 games. Jarventie was named to the Mestis second all-star team. He also played for Finland at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, scoring one goal in three games. Overall, Jarventie had four goals and three assists for seven points for Finland’s Under-18 team.

In 2018-19, Jarventie played nine games for Ilves in the Finnish Under-18 league and absolutely dominated. He put up 14 goals and 28 points, averaging over three points per game. He was quickly moved up to the Under-20 league putting up 14 goals and 31 points in 40 games. Jarventie also played for Finland at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He helped the team to a silver medal, however, he scored just one goal in six games. Overall, Jarventie put up seven goals and 14 points in 27 games with the Under-17 National Team. He put up three points in three games and won bronze at the European Youth Olympics.

Roby Jarventie Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #67

Reactions: Cosmix and Smeddy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Talented player with good size and skating.

Over a PPG in the Finnish 2nd league. Fantastic production against men.

He's playing with Lassi on Ilves Tampere this year. Has 2P in 2GP thus far.

Top 6 potential, needs to improve consistency and effort level.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Interesting pick for sure. Not a guy I know a ton about. But I really like Finlands development lately and it'll be exciting to see him in the world juniors

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
To be honest, I have even more faith in the Sens drafting after the first round. So, I am ok with this pick.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I was hoping @BondraTime could fill us in a little more
Nothing more than anyone else could read into the pick. Never watched him at all last season, has a good stat line, good size, very young. Seems like a very good pick to me, but that's completely stat and video based, I don't know enough to actually evaluate it.

Seems like a late riser, and has hockey bloodlines, so it's definitely a Sens pick.

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
Great pick! A project with a boat load of potential with size and skill!

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Well I don’t know the prospect but I have confidence in Mann and Dorion to reach in the second round(Formenton and Pinto).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad