Prospect Info: 33rd overall Roby Jarventie LW FIN

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
When I watch Jarventie highlights I see a lot of Zibby in his style. Not saying he has the same upside but there's something there that I really like about his stride, reach and hands.

Reactions: NB613

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I would have preferred Peterka or Grans but will trust the scouts on this one. I have a feeling he may have been available at one of our later picks.

Some of his rankings:

According to Colin Cudmore’s draft pick scouting aggregator, he’s gone from somewhere in the 72 to 110 range in October, to somewhere in the 33-81 range in April and his draft pick value has gone up by yover 40% in that time.

Reactions: NB613 and bert

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This pick is surprising. Jarventie has the skills and tools to be a good NHL scorer, but has issues with his effort level, consistency and two-way play.

He's like the exact opposite of the guy we took 28th - Greig.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Seems like he might be a bit comparable to Roope Hintz. Both Finish players who play left wing and it looks like their production is somewhat comparable in the different leagues they have played in.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Who's our Finnish scout? So i guess he qualifies as a legacy player we might be able to add to an all legacy 5 man unit one day.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Wanted Peterka, still very happy with this pick. Mikko Ruutu our chief euro scout has had first hand look. Moar skillz!!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Have to think Lassi provided some inside info to the Sens scouting staff about this player.

Seems like he might be a bit comparable to Roope Hintz. Both Finish players who play left wing and it looks like their production is somewhat comparable in the different leagues they have played in.

Sens really liked Hintz in 2015 and tried to get him in a Karlsson return if he had been traded to Dallas. Lucky for us that Nill declined to pay the necessary price to make it happen.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Pretty dissapointed in this pick TBH. How many of the same types of players are they gonna have? I feel like they needed to take a risk on a high ceiling offensive player. Peterka and Grans go right after him ugh.

I don't know, I've read that he has a good offensive toolkit.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Seems like an off-the-board pick.They must see something they really like in this kid. Gonna be a while before he comes over.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Like the Hintz comparison

Is it me or Dorion is absolutely killing it? Maybe he could really focus on what he does best since he hasn't had to deal with Melnyk crap for a while?

Well now we KNOW he'll be good.

haha I also feel like that poster has been making statements like these forever and I don't think even one thing ever materialized. So it's very good omen!

Sens really liked Hintz in 2015 and tried to get him in a Karlsson return if he had been traded to Dallas. Lucky for us that Nill declined to pay the necessary price to make it happen.

For all the crap that we went through (thanks Melnyk), happy things went the way they did as I can now watch Stutzle evolve on my favorite team for hopefully a very long time. Oh and Norris.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Pretty dissapointed in this pick TBH. How many of the same types of players are they gonna have? I feel like they needed to take a risk on a high ceiling offensive player. Peterka and Grans go right after him ugh.

He is the definition of high ceiling low floor. Excellent raw skills (elite shot). Issues with work ethic and play without the puck.

He's a top 6 winger or bust.

A poor man's Patrick Laine.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Nothing more than anyone else could read into the pick. Never watched him at all last season, has a good stat line, good size, very young. Seems like a very good pick to me, but that's completely stat and video based, I don't know enough to actually evaluate it.

Seems like a late riser, and has hockey bloodlines, so it's definitely a Sens pick.

Thanks for your input anyways as always. I'm excited about this one for some reason, only time will tell.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Would have gone Colangelo or Peterka here. And taken a Tuch when we moved up, not Keven.
Make our team harder to play against.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
A little surprised they went with another LWer given they already have a ton of them & Colangelo, Gunler & Torgensson were all there at RW to be picked. Gunler was ranked in the teens for a while, but he has fallen off the map. Not sure where exactly Roby will fit in on a future team, hoping he is a diamond in the rough.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
For all the crap that we went through (thanks Melnyk), happy things went the way they did as I can now watch Stutzle evolve on my favorite team for hopefully a very long time. Oh and Norris.

realistically speaking we get the ELC and the contract after that and then hes off to greater things but i am going to enjoy every f***ing game where we can call him our own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad