GDT: #32| New York Islanders @ Columbus Blue Jackets | December 14th | 7:00 PM | F/L 6-4

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
No energy in the last 45 because of Quine, Ho-Sang sucking and having to overplay everyone else.

Fixing a bottom 6 is inexpensive and currently its beyond taxing right now, losing games left and right because of it.

If Josh Bailey scores a hat trick and you don't win the game, you have failed.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
master plan to win a game vs Isles: come out at puck drop all guns blazing and score some until potent Isles offense wakes up
something has to change with this whole system, we will not get in play offs with this scheme all year long

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
well that loss sucked, would have much rather it been 10-0 as it was looking like it was going to be 10 minutes into the 1st period

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Pull the goalie and pass it around, finally try a low percentage wish-shot, just like the powerless play. :facepalm:

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Few quick thoughts on this game:

1.) Greiss did not lose them that game, they lost themselves that game.
2.) JHS needs to show why we flipped out about him not playing game one and soon. I have my thoughts that his line mates are not helping him either, but when the top six is playing so well and he is not earning more playing time how can you blame Weight?
3.) This offense is lethal.
4.) The defense does need some work, but if we get more consistent goaltending like tonight we may win some more games. Greiss gave up five goals but was totally left out to dry. Let's ride him out for a bit and see what we can get. No deflating softies and he has carried this team before.
5.) This game is kind of like our season. The highest of high's and the lowest of low's. They are leaning on a ton of young guys and things will work themselves out eventually.
6.) They have the ability to make a run if the Greiss/Halak ever regain form or if they find a defenseman.

7.) The reason I believe in this team? Doug Weight, his post game speech right now has me excited for Saturday. He just gets it. Expect some changes in the lineup for sure.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
How much JT looking for? Would be nice for him to take the lead on a game like this. Guess he can't be count on...

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
They didn’t deserve a point. Going no where but down with this kind of D and G combo.

Congrats to Bailey and the first line. We have a legit first line; hopefully we can retain them. Not gonna bitch about JT when he had 3 pts, that said, he would make himself an even greater threat if he could improve his finishing from the dots.

Not much else to say. I continue to see a lose 2, win 1 kind of streak.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
shocking we're only trailing Arizona(!) in goals against (and Yotes still have played more games)
something HAS to change more sooner than later!

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Weight seems so relaxed...He should be livid
I wouldn't be. The flaws are very manageable with select coaching adjustments, better play from select players and some roster moves.

Alan Quine played 4 minutes, chimmer 8 and Ho-Sang 10.

Send some people down, call some people up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad