GDT: #32| New York Islanders @ Columbus Blue Jackets | December 14th | 7:00 PM | F/L 6-4

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I wouldn't be. The flaws are very manageable with select coaching adjustments, better play from select players and some roster moves.

Alan Quine played 4 minutes, chimmer 8 and Ho-Sang 10.

Send some people down, call some people up.

This place is fun when the team is winning, but it is hilarious to read some of these posts.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Well, you have a first line now. PLD is going to be great for you guys. He's so good, I picked him up in my pool. I don't know why he wasn't producing before, but I can tell you that his peripherals are solid, especially for a guy his age. I find that the truly talented players are even across the board (Goals, Assists/Points hits, FO, SOG).

Bjorkstrand is a little underrated. You notice him during the game and he gets chances...I have to see more of Jenner to make a comment. I don't know the other players.

BTW..what's going on with Atkinson this year...he's not the guy I saw last year.
Cam has had a few issues. Injuries, dealing with a contract and finally got that off his shoulders and if you saw his game after that was settled he was a monster. Was scratched the game before last and came out in fire before we got dominated and then he is part snake bit part Wennberg starting slow/Saader being gone. The thing is defensively and all other aspects he is playing great it's just The stay sheet.

PLD started the year in the wing because he struggled in the preseason 1 game and they.mobed him to LW 1 game and tore it up so I think they wanted to ease him in. But if you look at his 1st game they legit moved him to C he has been unstopabale since then. He had been strong and dominant on the board battles all year just not getting the points. Notice for the most part CBJ players all stay in the same range points wise somehow we can't have stand outs in points we play team first hockey meaning we all have to have like 10 before anyone can move to 15 hahaha. But seriously he has been on like a 13 or 14pts in 20 games pace. Just proving we made the right choice over pool party.

And Werenski hit 1 goal then got robbed, hot a post, and missed barely wide right. Could have easily had 4. He is a pleasure to watch every game. Leading the league in goals by a D. 3 most goals by a D since last year in only a year in a half behind only Burns and Karlson. Is about to break the record for goals by a defensive player in a season for a jacket if he gets 2 more with more then half the season left haha. Crazy.

Great f***ing game boys and girls it was a stressful game to watch and can't wait for the next.class act guys truly!

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I wouldn't be. The flaws are very manageable with select coaching adjustments, better play from select players and some roster moves.

We could use at least 3 guys to call up. Be nice if a Dal Colle was ready, could live with 1 or maybe 2 grinders, but 3, that's rough.

One thing though, Vegas proving you don't have to have a ton of talent to win, just hard working, aggressive and an unwillingness to be beaten players.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
damn ...torts has this team playing ... forwards backcheck like crazy ... we need some of that meng... team defense seems to have been forgotten by the isles

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Why do we get out of the game and get ambushed 3-0, that is what the main problem is. Quine did cost us the game the 5th goal was on his for the dumb penalty and then being rented by Foligno. As much as the first line does a lot of damage the wings are always leaving their men open. Barzal is a battler, slumping but still effective. Eberle is shockingly good in the corners. Pelech had a solid game. Weird stat breakdown, do we have a really bad record in games that Leddy gets no points, I wonder what that spread is.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
What the **** even happened here

One thing I have to add . . . Pulock needs to SHOOT the puck more. Multiple opportunities tonight and he either fakes the shot or goes for the tip in shot/pass when he should be intimidating the goalie with a blast. There was one in the third period he had a free lane from 30 feet and tried to feed Lee in front. That was tailored made for the tie.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Missed the game. What percentage of yet another 5 goal game is directly on Greiss and what percentage can be attributed to terrible team defense?

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
It's very obvious when their favorite isn't in net, they don't wanna tune in unless the check the scoreboard and wanna chime in about how great Jaro is, not worth it

So what do you say to the people who do the same crap for Jaro? They only bash him when he plays but when Greiss is in they want to say how it's not his fault.

It's not just one side, there just happens to be a lot more people who drink the Greiss kool-aid. Everyone knows damn well Jaro would get destroyed on here if he gave up 5 goals no matter what the situation. "Soft goals from Halak like always" "Halak out of position." When Greiss, aka Roy Jr. aka Brodeur clone is in, things are very different.

I'll let Greiss' numbers speak for themselves. How can we win when he gives up almost four goals a game? Jaro clearly is the better option right now, but people around here hate him too much to admit that.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

The flaws are mostly personnel related (some systemic). I’m not sure how manageable they are without impactful roster changes. Swapping a few bottom pairings or 4th liners isn’t going to change much. If there was a call up that could improve the top 4, 3rd line, or goaltending then I could see that argument.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
So what do you say to the people who do the same crap for Jaro? They only bash him when he plays but when Greiss is in they want to say how it's not his fault.

It's not just one side, there just happens to be a lot more people who drink the Greiss kool-aid. Everyone knows damn well Jaro would get destroyed on here if he gave up 5 goals no matter what the situation. "Soft goals from Halak like always" "Halak out of position." When Greiss, aka Roy Jr. aka Brodeur clone is in, things are very different.

I'll let Greiss' numbers speak for themselves. How can we win when he gives up almost four goals a game? Jaro clearly is the better option right now, but people around here hate him too much to admit that.

You’re clearly a fan of the guy so I’d hate to tell you but they’re both pretty sub par

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Our goalies, neither is in the top 20 in the league, but both are in the top 40, kind of sums it up, you can swap their jerseys and put them in net and you could not distinguish one from the other

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
You guys has very handsome team -JT, Barzal, Lee, Eberle, Greiss. It's satisfaing to play you, even if you score 4 on Bob(in pain!), unlike when we play those ogres in Pens. Great heart attacking game, thanks.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
One thing though, Vegas proving you don't have to have a ton of talent to win, just hard working, aggressive and an unwillingness to be beaten players.[/QUOTE]

You mean not the Nelson’s of the world?

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
We need to have a better bottom 6. I suggest sending Ho-Sang and Beauvillier down and waive Quine. Bring up Bernier, Gionta, and Prince will be ready to go.

I think we thought the kids would be ready to take on a bigger role, and rightly so, they played well last season. But they have not been good. Ho-Sang was good when he came back, but he then started turning the puck over all over and lost his moxie. Beauvillier keeps on getting knocked off the puck and has been invisible. Send them down, let them play together and play top line minutes in the AHL so they can get their confidence back.

I really want to make a trade for a guy like Mark Letestu. He's the perfect bottom 6 center for this team, and is a great guy to have on the PK.

Reactions: Lek

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I didn't know that:
1. Halak's mom is fluent in English; and
2. Halak's mom posts on HF.

Pretty cool! Pack him a nice lunch next time he's home so maybe he doesn't suck as much.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Seriously, I don’t get this false narrative of Halak being unduly criticized over Greiss. Seems like almost everyone is in agreement that they have both been bad.

Yet, every game we seem to get these posts chiding fellow Islander fans for not agreeing Greiss is crappier than Halak. If it makes the disgruntled few happy, let’s just decree once and for all that Halak is crappy and Greiss is a bit more crappy.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
We need to have a better bottom 6. I suggest sending Ho-Sang and Beauvillier down and waive Quine. Bring up Bernier, Gionta, and Prince will be ready to go.

I think we thought the kids would be ready to take on a bigger role, and rightly so, they played well last season. But they have not been good. Ho-Sang was good when he came back, but he then started turning the puck over all over and lost his moxie. Beauvillier keeps on getting knocked off the puck and has been invisible. Send them down, let them play together and play top line minutes in the AHL so they can get their confidence back.

I really want to make a trade for a guy like Mark Letestu. He's the perfect bottom 6 center for this team, and is a great guy to have on the PK.

Not putting the blame for tonight's loss just on Beau or JHS, but neither is producing offensively and both should be looking over their shoulder, worried about being demoted.

When is Weight gonna address this growing problem of slow starts? Isles giving up the first couple of goals and having to play catchup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad