GDT: 3/8/18 - 7:30PM EDT - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
. I agree DaBolts , Monster material for sure in a couple of years hopefully, I know only 19 but sometimes the simple blunders are frustrating, hopefully he is learning by them.
I have noticed similar things with Vince Dunn on the Blues. Both players are exceptionally skilled, but you can see them thinking about the plays on ice. Those plays tend to be more complicated then they had seem in the juniors/minors. Then when simple plays come, they are still overthinking or not paying attention, as their mind is elsewhere. I think these guys just have to make as much of the game as simple as possible, especially in areas of the game that they don’t add much value. Over time that becomes more automatic, freeing up some brainpower.

Last edited:
Reactions: rangerrat

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
As mad as we get watching him play, remember we have much older players which piss us off more:

Sustr
Coburn
Dotchin
Koekkek
etc....
. Yes indeed!! Starting with Dotchin, Sustr Koekkek, Coburn, which one see the ice once McD joins us?? Just DONT play 7 defencemen please!!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
And another one to make sure my matchup is lost. Thank you very much.
Dumb giveaway by Koekkoek. Seriously.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Me too. But not necessarily from Coburn or Dotchin (who hardly played anyway). It's Sustr and Sergachev plus at times Koekkoek (when he gets to play) and Hedman when he tries to do too much. Girardi, Stralman, Coburn and Dotchin are pretty solid defensively. Luckily they'll get some further help from McDonagh. They need it.

Forwards are a problem though. Too many stupid turnovers and too many players not properly working against the puck.
You can tell a lot of the forwards think and cheat towards offense. Their is a belief that they can steal puck for breaks.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
. Yes indeed!! Starting with Dotchin, Sustr Koekkek, Coburn, which one see the ice once McD joins us?? Just DONT play 7 defencemen please!!

If they wanna survive in the playoffs they better play these six:

Hedman, Stralman
McDonagh, Girardi
Coburn, Dotchin

I wouldn't be against using Sergachev as 7th defenseman though...

Reactions: rangerrat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad