GDT: 3/30/18

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Bud Black said Bryan Shaw would use the bullpen cart.....Bryan Shaw didn't use a bullpen cart and I've never been so disappointed.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
They can't. No team is stupid enough to take on Martin or Tulo's contracts unless they want to part with some assets to move them.

It's not the stupidest idea to lock in Donaldson long term and then wait for Bichette/Vladdy Jr to make the jump.

Wut? No one is taking about shipping off Martin and Tulos contacts. They are what they are. But they are relatively short term. The idea is by the time those contacts are up the young talent is ready to contribute and the Jays can think about contending. Martin and Tulo aren't part of any trade conversation.

Somewhat related question... Who pays Tulo's salary while he's injured? Jays? Insurance? Just wondering bottom line stuff.

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I remember that he hit leadoff in some games last year. He definitely shouldn't have been hitting there. I think 7th or 8th is the right spot for him in the order. I'd say that he's an elite defender. Too bad that some guy named Kevin Kiermaier is in the AL, or Pillar might have a few Gold Gloves.

He was going very well early in the year. It was bizarre. He was actually walking and was selective with pitches. Then May hit and he said 'f*** it! I like swinging at garbage!'

He also said some other stuff. I think that got him sent to the principal's office.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Somewhat related question... Who pays Tulo's salary while he's injured? Jays? InstanceI? Just wondering bottom line stuff.

It all depends on what kind of insurance policy the Jays negotiated.

It has been reported that insurance is covering 75% of David Wright's salary these days but that is a tad different since Tulo may come back this year at some point, while Wright is most certainly done.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00