GDT: 3/23/18 - Spidey's Positivity GDT - Devils @ Penguins 7PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid has 20 wins in 31 starts....holy hell.
He does find ways to win.
He does have quite a few wins in games where he's allowed 3 or more goals, but a game like tonight him only allowing 3 goals was very flattering and compliment, considering we didn't play that good, we played the most talented offensive team in the league and he faced like 45 shots and even that was kind of discrediting him, as it was probably like facing 55 shots against a team like Carolina or something.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
He had possession so it wouldnt have mattered

Unless he just caught a pass then it is offsides

I was always under the impression it was possible to go offsides on yourself. (a) and also Note 2 seems to imply that. Unless there is a different interpretation of the rule somewhere.

Rule 72. Off-sides
(a) Players of the attacking team must not precede the
puck into the attacking zone.
Note 1: If a pass deflects off a defending player, his
skates or his stick, causing an attacking player to precede
the puck into the attacking zone, the off-side rule
shall apply.
Note 2: A player actually propelling the puck who shall
cross the line ahead of the puck, shall not be considered
off-side, providing he is actually in possession and
control of the puck with one skate in the neutral zone
before crossing the blue line.

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
PZ does get inspired at times playing with physical players with some intensity so why not. It may work well.

I agree. He was actually throwing his size around tonight despite the higher skilled Penguins around him. Good sign. Him thinking the puck deserves to be his would be a great step forward.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If Wood can play I’d probably try

Hall Nico Palms
Maroon PZ Wood
Grabs Zajac Noesen
Gibbons Coleman STAFFORD

Lovejoy Lovejoy
Lovejoy Lovejoy
Lovejoy Lovejoy

KK

It’s a shame Bratt’s out of gas. Him at RW with Nico and Hall really has positive impact on the rest of the lineup.

Reactions: Bleedred

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Schedule makers really dicked us over. Coming back from a grueling road trip. Our first home game back from it is the 2nd of a back to back and it's Tampa

I mean come on now. Tomorrow's game needs to be Sunday

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid is 15-7-1 with a 2.68 GAA and .915 SV% in 2018.
If we had goaltending like this all year long, that would probably be all we need. We still allow a lot of shots, or I should say we're starting to allow a lot of shots again lately after having quite a stretch where we improved in that regard, so the GAA is gonna be high still, even if the save percentage is good enough.

Reactions: Blender and My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Wood can play I’d probably try

Hall Nico Palms
Maroon PZ Wood
Grabs Zajac Noesen
Gibbons Coleman STAFFORD

Lovejoy Lovejoy
Lovejoy Lovejoy
Lovejoy Lovejoy

KK

It’s a shame Bratt’s out of gas. Him at RW with Nico and Hall really has positive impact on the rest of the lineup.
Is that you coach?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What happened to our Unicorn?

He's turned into a horse's ass all of a sudden.
Definitely a rookie wall.

On the flip side, Nico and Butcher seem to be doing just fine and not hitting that wall. I feel like Butcher's gotten better as the season has went on, despite not being on pace for 60 points still like he was earlier. He's a bit older than those two, but he's never had a season this long either in the NCAA.

Nico's been pretty consistent all year long.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

On the flip side, Nico and Butcher seem to be doing just fine and not hitting that wall. I feel like Butcher's gotten better as the season has went on, despite not being on pace for 60 points still like he was earlier. He's a bit older than those two, but he's never had a season this long either in the NCAA.

Butcher had a great goal, definitely got our momentum back. Yelled like hell when he came in with speed and scored that PP goal.

But Butcher also almost blew it with a really really really really bad turnover

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

On the flip side, Nico and Butcher seem to be doing just fine and not hitting that wall. I feel like Butcher's gotten better as the season has went on, despite not being on pace for 60 points still like he was earlier.

Butcher's what, 22 though? He's never played this many games before, sure, but that's gotta make a difference. I feel like a lot of the criticism of Bratt is legit, and I'm okay with him coming back out, but I also feel like he does a lot of stuff out there that's unappreciated. He usually short circuits one or two forechecks for the other team with a slick outlet, and he does make good plays in transition and in the zone that create scoring chances.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Imagine if this team right now had October Bratt...
It's okay, we have better players now that we didn't have in October, to make up for the loss of October Bratt.

And Coleman finally looks like he's discovering a finish prowess. I wouldn't say this is luck, as much as he was just a very poor finisher earlier on. He generates a good amount of shots for a guy that doesn't play a whole lot of minutes, so I figured he'd be good for 8-10 goals a year, even if he only shot at 6%-7% or whatever it was before this recent surge.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I was always under the impression it was possible to go offsides on yourself. (a) and also Note 2 seems to imply that. Unless there is a different interpretation of the rule somewhere.

Rule 72. Off-sides
(a) Players of the attacking team must not precede the
puck into the attacking zone.
Note 1: If a pass deflects off a defending player, his
skates or his stick, causing an attacking player to precede
the puck into the attacking zone, the off-side rule
shall apply.
Note 2: A player actually propelling the puck who shall
cross the line ahead of the puck, shall not be considered
off-side, providing he is actually in possession and
control of the puck with one skate in the neutral zone
before crossing the blue line.
While I wouldnt know where to point in the rulebook for it - I do know this.

Lets say on that play its a breakaway or a 2 on 1 but the player without the puck doesnt cross first. If the player with the puck has total control, technically speaking, he could backskate into the zone and it would be onsides. Both his skates can cross and as long as he alone as possession its onsides.

I could be wrong but thats how I have always understood it

Reactions: MauDevils

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Butcher's what, 22 though? He's never played this many games before, sure, but that's gotta make a difference. I feel like a lot of the criticism of Bratt is legit, and I'm okay with him coming back out, but I also feel like he does a lot of stuff out there that's unappreciated. He usually short circuits one or two forechecks for the other team with a slick outlet, and he does make good plays in transition and in the zone that create scoring chances.
I don't disagree. I think it's much more understandable why Bratt wouldn't hold up as well over a full season as a guy that's 22 (he actually turned 23 in January I think?).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
DU6rOaV.png

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
While I wouldnt know where to point in the rulebook for it - I do know this.

Lets say on that play its a breakaway or a 2 on 1 but the player without the puck doesnt cross first. If the player with the puck has total control, technically speaking, he could backskate into the zone and it would be onsides. Both his skates can cross and as long as he alone as possession its onsides.

I could be wrong but thats how I have always understood it

A player can skate backwards entering the zone, but the player without the puck cannot be over the blue line until the puck is.

Reactions: Actuarial
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad