GDT: 3/23/18 - Spidey's Positivity GDT - Devils @ Penguins 7PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
He is a playstyle that requires making a difference. He isnt in a bottom 6 role, he isnt being used defensively, and he isnt producing offensively (what does he has three points in 30?!).

He should not be in over others like Noesen and Wood when he comes back

It probably will be him out when Wood comes back, but i thought his game was fine. He generated a few good offensive chances today from down low, and was in that mega shift when the pens were stuck forever. Give him another game in my opinion on that line. We can rest up Noesen for another game, no problem.

Reactions: My3Sons

Whaddagoal

Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
only the first goal when he was on the ice could be pinned on his turnover. the other two goals he was on ice for wasn't his fault. on the third goal he actually got a stick on kessel's on the backcheck but kessel still scored because Kinkaid was screened a bit by Lovejoy (who's turnover also started the play).

The Hall-Hischier-Bratt line had some good shifts/passing plays today. unlucky to be out for all three goals

Ill check the 1st goal again, i missed that period practically speaking. I thought he was fine in the other 2. I still think they should give him another game up top.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
20180323 221638
i3ZWh7

His stick blocks the definitive angle, but that was offside. Look how far in he is and the puck is barely over.
He had possession so it wouldnt have mattered

Unless he just caught a pass then it is offsides

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
It probably will be him out when Wood comes back, but i thought his game was fine. He generated a few good offensive chances today from down low, and was in that mega shift when the pens were stuck forever. Give him another game in my opinion on that line. We can rest up Noesen for another game, no problem.
Now is not the time to rest players

Bratt needs to sit. He played 60+ NHL games he has done enough for his rookie year.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
he also got the puck taken away from him about 6 times
Ya, Im forgetting the specifics but I do remember a play in the offensive zone where he was skating back towards the blue line and had the puck stolen.

I imagine Noesen is back in tomorrow, and Stafford will stay in with a little point streak going. Bratt to the bench.

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
I did miss the pretty much the entire 1st period, so if there was some bad stuff going on there, would be good to know :)

He had a really bad 1st period IMHO.

Weak on the puck that would have cleared the zone on the 1st goal. Getting bumped off the puck left and right. People keep saying "stop the hate he is so young" but is anyone disputing that? The issue isn't what he will be, it's what he is right now. He is still getting bumped around like a ping pong ball and it's at the point, that I at least, feel nervous when he is along the boards with the puck in a high pressure moment. That was never the case earlier in the year.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I did miss the pretty much the entire 1st period, so if there was some bad stuff going on there, would be good to know :)

He’s 19. It’s not like he’s Hayes or anything. He just looks off from his smart decisive fast playing early season self. He’s not awful in my eyes but he isn’t making a difference. Again he has done more than anyone could ask for. The team added Grabs and Maroon and they need to make a difference. Wood when he returns needs to make a difference.

Whaddagoal

Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
He had a really bad 1st period IMHO.

Weak on the puck that would have cleared the zone on the 1st goal. Getting bumped off the puck left and right. People keep saying "stop the hate he is so young" but is anyone disputing that? The issue isn't what he will be, it's what he is right now. He is still getting bumped around like a ping pong ball and it's at the point, that I at least, feel nervous when he is along the boards with the puck in a high pressure moment. That was never the case earlier in the year.

He’s 19. It’s not like he’s Hayes or anything. He just looks off from his smart decisive fast playing early season self. He’s not awful in my eyes but he isn’t making a difference. Again he has done more than anyone could ask for. The team added Grabs and Maroon and they need to make a difference. Wood when he returns needs to make a difference.

Okay, thanks for detail on 1st. Curious at what Hynes does now..

Reactions: My3Sons

Whaddagoal

Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Ya, Im forgetting the specifics but I do remember a play in the offensive zone where he was skating back towards the blue line and had the puck stolen.

I imagine Noesen is back in tomorrow, and Stafford will stay in with a little point streak going. Bratt to the bench.

Stafford was fine today. He's been rolling decently over this road trip....... even in the "loss" games. Keep Stafford in, if he keeps playing like this, i have no issues with him whatsoever. Would be nice to see him actually get a goal finally after the whole season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Keith and Mick Foley both posted tweets last weekend that they spoke to each other, but no pictures together. Was Mick Foley at the game on Saturday in LA? Or was this a phone conversation that took place?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Thought Zacha had a strong game. We really missed him

He's very poised in the defensive end. Bratt is similar but Zacha has a man's body where he can get away with certain things, and it showed tonight. Really liked his play. And again, Coleman's goal was beautiful and Stafford made a real nice pass but Zacha's breakout to start it all goes understated a bit. No hesitation in his play. Supports his defenseman down low and immediately head mans the puck to Stafford, great awareness from Zacha.

Reactions: Whaddagoal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad