GDT: 3/18/18 - 5:00PM EDT - Edmonton vs Tampa Bay

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Domingue needs to start the next game. Vasi looks absolutely burned out and he needs a bit of a breather and, frankly, Domingue has done the job every single time he's been called upon this season, and he deserves to be rewarded for that.

It wouldn't be a bad idea at all to ride Domingue for another start or two before getting Vasi back in there.
Hmm. I'd be okay with this, I think.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Joe Smith tweeted (and it was since deleted) that Stamkos had asked McDonagh to meet him in the parking lot, presumably for fisticuffs.

I don't know about you, but I believe that means there is a problem in the room that needs addressing.
Wait, what?! You're joking, right?

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
"C" back...

Cibak, Martin...

MartinVanostrand...

You're trying to tell me that poster @DrMartinVanNostrand wants to meet me in the parking lot before Tuesdays's game? I'll be there will bells on bro
Allegedly, allegedly. Careful, though. You fight one doc, you're gonna have to fight 'em all. It's part of the fine print in the Hippocratic Oath.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Had to watch this one late. Just finished. Granted EDM isn't a good team, but I saw a different level/style of play from the bolts today. Much more aggressive on the PK. Looked like the PK from early in the season. Finally McD looked like a gamechanger for us. Dom was great. Rinse & repeat on Tues against a better team.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Good to see our PK clicking but Edmonton is the worst PP team in the league. Baby steps I guess. Not sure what to think of these reports re: "negative mindset" in the locker room etc. Figure it out, Coop!

Go :bolts!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You're probably right about Vasy needing the breather. If not Toronto, another good chance is actually the 26th against Arizona and I'm sure Domingue would love some payback. Vasy would get 4 days rest and the game off after the back-to-back with Boston/New York.

The only thing I'm really sure if is that I want him in net for NYI and the Devils because both games are on the road and both teams are gonna be fighting for their lives

90% that's how it's gonna happen. It would also fit their plan of resting Vasi every 4th game. They said and did it multiple times.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Didnt get to watch either games this weekend. Was at a place with very limited cable over the weekend. Was the team really bad vs boston? Are we even more worried about Boston after this loss. I heard talk radio and Coop say we were dominating in the beginning like the Ottawa game and then fell apart again. No goals either. Is Boston just that good or are we just that bad right now?

How about last nights game? Better effort? Sounds like Domingue has really stepped up. We shouldnt consider Budaj right now if this is the case. Hopefully Vasi is really just fatigued and we need to give him significant time off. Then cook it back up prior to the playoffs to get going again.

My thoughts are that its good to be back in the playoffs again. Im sure its a huge relief for the guys. As much of the talk Ive seen the team saving it for the playoffs, Im sure there is some truth to that but I think there is something going on at a deeper level that needs to be addressed. However Playoffs might be able to fix it. They werent there last year when Im sure they felt like they should have been. Evidence of the great start we saw. I just want to know why we cant seem to play like that again. Teams just figuring us out? or is the effort not the same? Either way I just cant wait for the playoffs. I dont know if it will be their year or not but Playoff hockey is the best. Happy our team is apart of it again.

Reactions: T REX

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Joe Smith tweeted (and it was since deleted) that Stamkos had asked McDonagh to meet him in the parking lot, presumably for fisticuffs.

I don't know about you, but I believe that means there is a problem in the room that needs addressing.
Wait.....HUH???

Did this really happen?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Didnt get to watch either games this weekend. Was at a place with very limited cable over the weekend. Was the team really bad vs boston? Are we even more worried about Boston after this loss. I heard talk radio and Coop say we were dominating in the beginning like the Ottawa game and then fell apart again. No goals either. Is Boston just that good or are we just that bad right now?

Completely lifeless. Boston just toyed with them, TBH. Makes it worse when you consider they were missing a Calder candidate Dman, a first ballot HOF dman and arguably the best defensive forward in the game. PK was absolutely wretched. Really disappointing to see that kind of game against that opponent after the Ottawa game.

How about last nights game? Better effort? Sounds like Domingue has really stepped up. We shouldnt consider Budaj right now if this is the case. Hopefully Vasi is really just fatigued and we need to give him significant time off. Then cook it back up prior to the playoffs to get going again.

Was a better effort last night, but was also against a bad team. Domingue was really good. There were steps in the right direction (PK didn't look completely lost), but until I see it against a quality opponent (tomorrow vs Toronto would be a GREAT start) I'm not putting much into what I saw against EDM.

I personally think TB should just rotate the 3 goalies now that a spot is clinched. Vasy, Budaj, Domingue. Play them all every third game and whoever stands out more can get the first shot at backup for the playoffs.

My thoughts are that its good to be back in the playoffs again. Im sure its a huge relief for the guys. As much of the talk Ive seen the team saving it for the playoffs, Im sure there is some truth to that but I think there is something going on at a deeper level that needs to be addressed. However Playoffs might be able to fix it. They werent there last year when Im sure they felt like they should have been. Evidence of the great start we saw. I just want to know why we cant seem to play like that again. Teams just figuring us out? or is the effort not the same? Either way I just cant wait for the playoffs. I dont know if it will be their year or not but Playoff hockey is the best. Happy our team is apart of it again.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Wait.....HUH???

Did this really happen?
I can't figure that out. I'm thinking it was a joke? For what it's worth, those two did bump fists in front of Domingue after the game, and Stammer kind of patted McD on the shoulder and McD gave him a nod in return... so, if the tweet was real, it didn't look to me like it'll be an issue moving forward.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

I panicked for a second and then remembered Saturday's GDT :laugh:

I was ready to turn the game off after 14 seconds but at least they turned it around. 5/5 PK was also nice even if it was against the worst PP in the league. I mean, you have to start somewhere, right?

Reactions: LilWayneJetski

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Rumor was Stamkos told McDonaugh he wasn't as pretty as the previous #27, who proceeded to tell him to "put up or shut up"....

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

Agree with what you say here. I know it was only Edmonton but we played much better. We play Boston two more times. Those games will be huge. It's the eye test and we haven't passed it lately even though we were winning. Flip the switch!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad