GDT: 3/18/18 - 5:00PM EDT - Edmonton vs Tampa Bay

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Good confidence boost for the PK. Hopefully it carries over against Toronto and Boston next time.

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Nah, just poor wording on my part. I fully expect Edmonton to tie it at some point and probably go to OT
That would have been the right call but by some miracle they managed to win the game in regulation. Nonetheless, the team we just saw still can't beat the best teams in the league, no way. Managed to not give up an PP goals but we still look very uncertain on the kill. Take the W though and hope to build on it.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Great game by Domingue.

McDonagh was terrific tonight. Him and Hedman were stopping damn near everything. Stralman was good.and thought Sergachev played a simple game which was good. Coburn made some dumb plays.

Overall the team was bad defensively in the first and got better as the game went on. They failed to clear the zone a few times in the third but they really shut it down in the final 8 minutes. The shot blocking by the penalty kill was huge. Better than last night that's for sure.

Hopefully they can get it together by the time they play Boston again. Looking forward to Tuesday! I hope Alfie is ready.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Nice win against a team we should beat. I thought we played better than the last two games. Go Bolts. Need to play well vs Toronto for sure.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Domingue was really good tonight. And as bad as Edmonton is, this is the kind of game we've been needing OT or a shooout to put away. Furthermore, our PK's been an issue, and our PK is what came up big when it mattered. Baby steps people, baby steps.

Also, I thought it was really nice of the officials to give McDavid a few extra cracks at getting on the scoreboard in the third. I mean, I'm assuming that that's what the faceoff infraction was about, right? They weren't actually serious about that one were they?

Reactions: Maelmoor

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Domingue was really good tonight. And as bad as Edmonton is, this is the kind of game we've been needing OT or a shooout to put away. Furthermore, our PK's been an issue, and our PK is what came up big when it mattered. Baby steps people, baby steps.

Also, I thought it was really nice of the officials to give McDavid a few extra cracks at getting on the scoreboard in the third. I mean, I'm assuming that that's what the faceoff infraction was about, right? They weren't actually serious about that one were they?

Agree. Baby steps is true. Another big test coming up. Again, we gotta show up for that one, right?

Reactions: DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Dom kept McGod off the scoreboard.

Thank you Domingue. You deserve more starts heading down the stretch to keep Vasy fresh and a trip to the playoffs. You might be one of the missing pieces to save our season along with big McD.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I can't say my faith is less shaken or restored. This was the kind of game we had to win. For the first time in a long time I would never want to be a fly in that Lightning locker room. Sounds like some nasty, nasty stuff has been going on there lately. I'm just glad it didn't result in a loss to one of the bottom teams this year

Reactions: DaBolts

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I can't say my faith is less shaken or restored. This was the kind of game we had to win. For the first time in a long time I would never want to be a fly in that Lightning locker room. Sounds like some nasty, nasty stuff has been going on there lately. I'm just glad it didn't result in a loss to one of the bottom teams this year

Lmao what, another hyperbolic sunny speculation.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude.

Lightning shut out in showdown against Bruins

Be sure to conveniently skip reading this entire article with quotes from the players about the team not being in the right mindset. I'm sure they're all high fives and brews in a locker room that is directly quoted to not be in a positive mindset and players harping on each other. Teams with bad mindsets win all the time right? I mean we should still blow the doors off Edmonton with lack of focus right?

I wasn't aware I could talk out of Stamkos' ass too

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Domingue needs to start the next game. Vasi looks absolutely burned out and he needs a bit of a breather and, frankly, Domingue has done the job every single time he's been called upon this season, and he deserves to be rewarded for that.

It wouldn't be a bad idea at all to ride Domingue for another start or two before getting Vasi back in there.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

Joe Smith tweeted (and it was since deleted) that Stamkos had asked McDonagh to meet him in the parking lot, presumably for fisticuffs.

I don't know about you, but I believe that means there is a problem in the room that needs addressing.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Domingue needs to start the next game. Vasi looks absolutely burned out and he needs a bit of a breather and, frankly, Domingue has done the job every single time he's been called upon this season, and he deserves to be rewarded for that.

It wouldn't be a bad idea at all to ride Domingue for another start or two before getting Vasi back in there.

You're probably right about Vasy needing the breather. If not Toronto, another good chance is actually the 26th against Arizona and I'm sure Domingue would love some payback. Vasy would get 4 days rest and the game off after the back-to-back with Boston/New York.

The only thing I'm really sure if is that I want him in net for NYI and the Devils because both games are on the road and both teams are gonna be fighting for their lives

Reactions: DaBolts and T REX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad