Prospect Info: 2nd Round Daniel Torgersson, LW, Frolunda JR

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island

I agree with this post strongly, and would have liked to have seen the Jets go after a big good skating defenseman for this 2nd round pick. I think you should draft to your weakness.
I almost agree with you - my take is that the "weight" of the weak position factor should increase as the draft goes on.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

Yeah. Another goal scorer with size and determination. Sounds like he is unique to prior young "star players" in that he hustles and tries harder than opponents every shifts. He earns his goals and understands importance of outworking opponent and how to get to open areas unnoticed thus being a creative offensive playmaker with finish. Also a great shooters shot! And a strong, smooth, fast skater with size! Sounds like a win-win-win prospect. How did he not go in 1st round? An exceptionally talented, wide-spread draft group combined with him not playing in the most accessible, world scouted league or division in Sweden, maybe?
Glad we found and got him if he lives up to the evaluation of his skills to matching NHL level some day ( not too far off!).

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Promising Frölunda junior Daniel Torgersson (02nd, SHL-tested with good results) could have been a player for JVM this winter. Instead, he will have knee surgery (ligaments). Gone four to five months. Leading heavy for Daniel, also thins out the width of Frölunda. #twittpuck #frolundahc

Oof.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just a note that though he shoots L, I think Torgersson usually plays RW.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I see a little bit of James Neal in him. He seems to have a knack for finding space near the net and has the hands to do something when he gets there. He'll score goals in the NHL if he can continue to do this.

He also has the size and skating to be a good forechecker and his puck skills are good enough. His overall game still has a way to go, but I think he could turn into something that Jets 2.0 hasn't really had and could really use.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I haven’t seen him play this year due to being fricken busy as a Sherpa for my kids. Glad he is getting a bit of interest from some of our fan base.

Reactions: Snot Rocket

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I didn't pay too close attention to the game last night, but from what I saw, I really was impressed by Torgersson. I'm not really sure what his ceiling is going to be, but I'm eager for him to be able to make the big club one day.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
I didn't pay too close attention to the game last night, but from what I saw, I really was impressed by Torgersson. I'm not really sure what his ceiling is going to be, but I'm eager for him to be able to make the big club one day.
He and manalainen were really intriguing to me. Would be so nice to have some size on the 4th like instead of tomato.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00