Prospect Info: 2nd Round Daniel Torgersson, LW, Frolunda JR

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
Swedish winger Daniel Torgersson, playing in Frolunda’s system, dominated his countries’ junior leagues this season. He started in the J18, where he put up six goals and five assists for 11 points in five games. Moving up the J20 SuperElit, Torgersson scored 26 goals and 18 assists for 44 points in 39 games played. He also got in six games in the SHL, but didn’t score any points. Torgersson played for the Under-18 Swedish National Team, putting up five goals and five assists for 10 points in 13 games. He scored two goals and one assist for three points in five games at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, winning a bronze medal.

Last season, Torgersson put up 17 goals and 18 assists for 35 points in 29 games in the J18. He picked up just one goal in seven playoff games but still helped Frolunda to the J18 Championship. Torgersson scored one goal and three assists for four points in 18 games. He put up one assist in six games at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, winning a bronze medal. Overall he had four goals and six assists for 10 points in 18 games with the Under-17 Swedish National Team.

Daniel Torgersson Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #106

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
He's a good skater for his size, with a powerful push to his stride. He's so well-balanced on his skates, and just incredibly hard to knock off of the puck. Torgersson has great timing in his movements as he adjusts to the defenders and the puck-carrier to open passing lanes. He's excellent at finding open space in or around the slot to give himself enough time to shoot. -EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009
Daniel Torgersson - Elite Prospects
He's a good skater for his size, with a powerful push to his stride. He's so well-balanced on his skates, and just incredibly hard to knock off of the puck. Torgersson has great timing in his movements as he adjusts to the defenders and the puck-carrier to open passing lanes. He's excellent at finding open space in or around the slot to give himself enough time to shoot.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Will be forever linked to Gunler...akin to Scheifele-Couturier.
ya...no.

This isn't a top 10 pick, Gunler wasn't the #1 prospect a few months before the draft. They will not be forever linked at all, in fact I think I'll forget who Gunler is until he does something in the NHL. He's not some can't miss prospect.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
ya...no.

This isn't a top 10 pick, Gunler wasn't the #1 prospect a few months before the draft. They will not be forever linked at all, in fact I think I'll forget who Gunler is until he does something in the NHL. He's not some can't miss prospect.

well tongue in cheek, but i'm sure there are a lot of disappointed draft geeks out there that'll remind us of Gunler for years to come if he outperforms Torgesson.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
EjvXqvZXkAADcwM

boom or bust in a statistical sense: high average comps but low probability

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
His ranking was all over the place. Don’t mind taking a winger though, you go BPA. Remains to be see whether he is or not.

Reactions: DashingDane

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
ya...no.

He also really hasn't upped his SHL production since he entered it two seasons ago, and apparently interviewed poorly.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
Scouting reports make him sound like a forward analog of Logan Stanley. I think this goes into the long term project column.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad